The weight system/Gym

Diesel

I think by now everyone knows that your inventory weight can be increase via going to the gym and doing various workouts for like 15 minutes to get the maximum inventory space. While the actually look and location of the gym is cool I cant think of anything more MMO/Grindy then having to go to a set location were your almost 100% of the time by yourself and click e every minute for like 15 minutes just to have enough inventory room to RP. Can we just remove this concept entirely and have everyone spawn with the same inventory weight ? Perhaps have the gym and its workouts increase something else something more optional or maybe I am the only one who feels this way ? Thoughts ?

• Like 2

I have been in a few cities where your carry weight decreases over time of you don’t exercise. There also was 2 versions of a gym the local one where you went when the player owned one wasn’t opened. 

This second gym offered a variety of services such as 

- Personal Trainers, Selling protein shakes and weights. As well as sponsoring a ton of events. 

would be a cool business idea 👀

• Like 1

I wouldnt mind seeing everyone staying at 40 and then offering different size bags (duffel, backpack, briefcase, etc) that give you the ability to put extra weight in those. You would of course only be able to carry 1 bag at a time and the items would be in the bag and if you wanted to use them you would have to move them to your inventory.

Edited by r3v0Lt55
  • Like 3

Maybe i have been around so long that i don't see a problem, i feel like the gym is a good mechanic. It creates early RP for newer people. but I am also one of those weird people that enjoyed the old days of doing the license and drivers test. It always made meeting new people in the city fun because you could show them around and help them with the early things in the city that would normally take them a while to figure out if they don't have direction. I feel like along the way alot of the friendliness towards new people has been lost not only because of "destructive dannys" but because the server in general has changed. when i see a "danny" running around i take the risk of stopping and asking if they need help with anything which usually ends in one of two ways they kick my car and i drive away or they get in the car and I give a ride to the licensing center and the gym Finally ending at the clothing store. I have met a few good people this way and they are usually thankful for some sort of direction. In the process asking where they see themselves in the city and talking about the different legal jobs available in the city. 

maybe im strange in liking the way things are and maybe i just don't like change but i feel like this is something that helps RP more than hurts RP in the end.

edit: forgot about dropping the new people off at the clothing store at the end of picking them up.

Edited by darncomputer
forgot about dropping people off at the clothing store

I agree with darn, the feel for new players is rough, even if you've read the rules. I think the issue is you have no glossary with the common terms. I had a new player asking me very OOC questions and I didn't really know how to deal with it. I tried twice to get them to read the rules hoping they would see the RP bit and stop asking such direct questions, but alas I had to make my excuses and roll off.

As for the weight thing. I didn't even realise there was a difference, and honestly, for the effort of going to do that, I probably wouldn't bother unless that char specifically is a fitness nut.
Carry capacity/weight barely matters anyway. We all have mobile storages galore.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2022 at 5:16 PM, darncomputer said:

Maybe i have been around so long that i don't see a problem, i feel like the gym is a good mechanic. It creates early RP for newer people. but I am also one of those weird people that enjoyed the old days of doing the license and drivers test. It always made meeting new people in the city fun because you could show them around and help them with the early things in the city that would normally take them a while to figure out if they don't have direction. I feel like along the way alot of the friendliness towards new people has been lost not only because of "destructive dannys" but because the server in general has changed. when i see a "danny" running around i take the risk of stopping and asking if they need help with anything which usually ends in one of two ways they kick my car and i drive away or they get in the car and I give a ride to the licensing center and the gym Finally ending at the clothing store. I have met a few good people this way and they are usually thankful for some sort of direction. In the process asking where they see themselves in the city and talking about the different legal jobs available in the city. 

maybe im strange in liking the way things are and maybe i just don't like change but i feel like this is something that helps RP more than hurts RP in the end.

edit: forgot about dropping the new people off at the clothing store at the end of picking them up.

how exactly does the gym create more RP for new players in your eyes ? Honest question. Everytime I have gone to the gym no one is there its just me and I spend 15 minutes clicking "E" while watching tiktoks on my phone.

55 minutes ago, lords8n said:

I suggested a bunch of gym-related improvements/additions a while ago in these forums that included the addition of steroids with roid-rage and capacity boosting for short periods of time.

Link it , sounds awesome lol

On 7/10/2022 at 7:19 PM, r3v0Lt55 said:

I wouldnt mind seeing everyone staying at 40 and then offering different size bags (duffel, backpack, briefcase, etc) that give you the ability to put extra weight in those. You would of course only be able to carry 1 bag at a time and the items would be in the bag and if you wanted to use them you would have to move them to your inventory.

This would be a sick idea! I always try to urge my guys to “wear” duffle bags for bigger jobs to carry the extra tools needed. Always a great immersion addition in my opinion!!

• 4 weeks later...