Cinema MLO

Josie

A couple of options exist 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBl94i6XOww

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozpJeC7wv7k

and honestly there's other good ones out there this was just a quick check.

This paired with a media player offers a good bit of RP potential. You can go to viewings with friends, dates or whatever, and most importantly it could be used as an outlet for content creators we have in character. It would be really cool to be able to go in for music video premieres for those that focus on music, or even streaming fight nights that are done in character, things like that. 

It would be great if it was not player owned but people could host events there so its not something only sometimes available. Have it sell concessions similar to going into a 24/7 with movie snacks that aren't great for filling you up, but go with the setting. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think movies and stuff are allowed to be broadcasted if no one makes any money, but being that the server takes donations that might be an issue… might be worth checking some stuff out regarding those laws

7 hours ago, Tucker Turnt said:

Oh man what I'd do to be able to see 20+ people watching an IRL sports/esports/etc event on one of those screens or something if that was legal copyright wise and such as well as even possible. Would be absolutely wild. But either way +1

20 hours ago, Sierra said:

I can see the appeal, but I feel like it won't add much RP in the long run.

I personally think this could apply a lot of RP value. Even if its not used much (just like karting and lazer tag). Imagine being able to for example play a music video someone made IC (I know plenty of people make diss tracks/songs/etc). Or you tweet out to come to the cinema for a promotional video launch to showcase a new business coming with early leaks to things that will be offered.

It doesn't have to be long term RP, Just something to chang things up. Those other places don't often get used RP wise, especially long term but more-so a hangout zone, this could be the same. But they are still a fun thing to visit every once and a while, and the possibilites are endless with a cinema.

• Like 1

This is not be shitting on the idea by any means but all I can see is people sat together in a room in silence watching something, don't really see how that would be any better RP than standing at Elgin watching YouTube on your second monitor

3 hours ago, tay said:

This is not be shitting on the idea by any means but all I can see is people sat together in a room in silence watching something, don't really see how that would be any better RP than standing at Elgin watching YouTube on your second monitor

In some cases, sure that can happen. But again, for the sense of IC made content and the fact people don't typically sit in silence even in places that you'd expect, I doubt that would be 100% of what would go down. Mostly an immersion thing and a way to broadcast stuff instead of telling people to tune into someone's stream (think Race Wars) and it is just able to be applied to other activities too.

8 hours ago, Tucker Turnt said:

I personally think this could apply a lot of RP value. Even if its not used much (just like karting and lazer tag). Imagine being able to for example play a music video someone made IC (I know plenty of people make diss tracks/songs/etc). Or you tweet out to come to the cinema for a promotional video launch to showcase a new business coming with early leaks to things that will be offered.

It doesn't have to be long term RP, Just something to chang things up. Those other places don't often get used RP wise, especially long term but more-so a hangout zone, this could be the same. But they are still a fun thing to visit every once and a while, and the possibilites are endless with a cinema.

Some of those diss tracks could have some pretty great music videos made for sure lol. 

It would be interesting to see if this encouraged IC content making more like Hood news etc as well.