Bounty Hunting Division

Pops

So I had an idea that I feel would be an interesting addition to badlands rp. I know there are warrants in the game and that if someone is caught that has a warrant than they can be arrested, but, imagine the risk of having a warrant and being a criminal knowing that there are bounty hunters who are on the hunt or lookout for those with warrants. Im not sure how often warrants are issued but if it’s a case by case basis if the criminal escapes whatever situation and a warrant is placed, I feel as though it would be an interesting addition to the police field. It would create a new job and a new risk for players who like to commit back to back crimes. Bounty hunters would be given basic information on the criminal, as in charges and description/picture of suspect. The bounty hunters job would be to ask and observe known sources who know the criminal to narrow down the location of the wanted criminal. Bounty hunters would be limited in what can be done and can place the subject under arrest but then has to transport and hand over the criminal to local law enforcement. There could be special vehicles designated for bounty hunters as well as uniforms. I feel as though it would add a new interesting dynamic as well as a job opportunity for those who want to join the legal law enforcement field. 

• Like 1

I mean real life bounty hunters exist, but these are state/government issued for the most part, same could go for this. Someone could be hired by the Government or the Law enforcement to help deal with the warrants that has stood over a longer time, like someone with a long time warrant would then have to not just deal with police, but also with the employed bounty hunters.

-1, it’ll just turn into people grinding to catch wanted criminals. Unless it’s a separate faction that gets hired under whitelisting, because someone just clocking on like its a GoPostal job is a big no no IMO. Feel like hardly any RP will be shown and it’ll just be people waiting in gangs turfs/houses with no fear and pointing guns the moment they see them. 

Also warrants aren’t a super big deal, most warrants get served pretty quickly for MOST criminals. You’ll have some that will be on the run for a while, but then again, that’s RP for cops to have. UC, GTF, just random sting operations that make sense. 

• Like 3