Possible new product: Cyber Paper

Frank Frost

I have been toying with an idea for a product that could be interesting. I am rendering a prototype test run currently;

Cyber paper. There's a lot of animated adverts out there; on twitter it makes sense, or within the context of showing RP scene and context, but on paper adverts and business cards it's a little odd.

Effectively all it would be is to give a new tag [cp], which would use a set size gif, and place an appropriate border+transparent effect layer on top for display.

Could even leave cutouts for activity lights the animator could control, or make the casing overlay animated too for the power/activity light.

Mechanically and for integration it could use the circuit board, and paper ofc, and possibly even spawn an electronic manufacture industry that could deal with other items that needs electronic integration or assembly. If you went further could replace paper with plastic made from oil, and likely have several versions for casings and screens.

If you did the full production chain it'd be:
(Processing via set location, as it is currently done) (Assembly done by individual manufacturers staff)

Silica (Quarry) -> Processing -> Microchips
Oil -> Processing -> Plastic

Microchip + Plastic -> Processing -> Circuit Board

Plastic -> Processing -> <Device> body
Plastic + Microchip -> Processing -> LCD Display x 10

<Device> body + LCD Display -> Assembly -> Manufacturers product

Note: This will be in-game soonish, so you didn't see nuttin.

Manifesto.gif

One of my other RP devices will use a lot more than just circuit boards, and require me to make it IC, so I'll have more assets available for possible use later too. ^^

Edited by Frank Frost
Fixed gif size & kept quality

+-1 to original post. I was literally just thinking about this. But where instead of pinning papers, you can pin QR codes of the note onto walls, floors, etc. Papers would still be an item, and still pinnable, but alongside you could pin a QR from the note itself on the tablet which opens the note on the tablet temporarily. 

Papers deserve a rework at some point as far as the placing/using mechanic goes. 

1 hour ago, Rizz said:

+-1 to original post. I was literally just thinking about this. But where instead of pinning papers, you can pin QR codes of the note onto walls, floors, etc. Papers would still be an item, and still pinnable, but alongside you could pin a QR from the note itself on the tablet which opens the note on the tablet temporarily. 

Papers deserve a rework at some point as far as the placing/using mechanic goes. 

I've used the QR code generated by bit.ly before for similar,  just embedded into an image, led to a RP info page, I think google sheets for that one