In-Game Helper Chat

shotbykilo

I believe there should be an in-game help chat, since /ooc is usually forbidden. It would make it a lot easier/less of a hassle for new players to get help without having to go on discord. We did this on a server back in SA:MP in 2014 and it worked out pretty good. The commands could be;

/joinhc - to join helper chat.

/hc - to ask/speak in helper chat.

/leavehc - to leave the helper chat.

The reason OOC is "forbidden" is specifically to limit in-game communication on that level. If that type of interaction was intended, they could just open OOC up for that usage (which it originally was). It is immersion breaking and not the place to be asking questions. 

Most questions can't be answered anyway since they need to find out IC - others need a link which they can't interact with via in-game chat either. Plus the discord is watched by a lot of people who aren't necessarily on the server at that time so better chance of it getting answered quickly. 

/ooc is typically forbidden for unnecessary help such as trying to find out IC info. For info like that you have to find on the streets thru rp. Like what "muscles" to use for such things you find out IC. /ooc is used for like when your car is scuffed or you're falling thru the map or things of that nature, I wouldn't really say /ooc is forbidden for everything. Also if you need to talk to staff directly thru voice that's what discord is for or there's slim circumstances that they will talk to you IC. Imma go -1 on this because I don't really see the need for a helper chat when we already have plenty of resources at our fingertips.

40 minutes ago, shotbykilo said:

Still wouldn't hurt a single soul to add something as simple as a help chat to help new players that have questions.

But that’s why there is a discord or forms and there help guides in city and forms and discord. But no one looks at them, I’ve seen 5 ask how to sell drugs when if you click #FAQ it tells you, that’s why I’m -1 on this

48 minutes ago, shotbykilo said:

Still wouldn't hurt a single soul to add something as simple as a help chat to help new players that have questions.

Most things that new players need to find out are either here on the forums or in discord. I agree 100 percent with @Ron Johnson he said it best. I've seen countless of new players come in expecting to be handed all the info of the server and dont wanna take the time to actually figure it out. Then they get mad when they can't get handed the info. THIS IS RP, you have to rp to figure info out. 

• Like 1