Cops driving like they are playing gta and not RP.

xvwvx

When I drive in the city I speed and disobey laws and I get fined for it... but police... they drive on the wrong side of the road they drive over medians they cut corners they blow red lights they speed and use there lights without emergency's.. it really really sucks when you see a cop no lights or sirens cutting a corner wrong side of the road and over a sidewalk.. also them returning to the police station after being arrested they are doing 160 thru the city with me in cuffs in the back of the car .. like no reason at all to drive like a maniac but they do it cause they can I guess? just seems super unrealistic to me and kinda ruins the real feel of rp ... I see a lot of cops driving like they have no laws. but yet I get pulled over and ticketed for blowing a red light lol. countless times I have been hit by a cop blowing a red light or cutting a corner in the wrong lane and have them just keep going or even see a chase happening the crim is in the right lane and then 4 cops behind him on the sidewalk in the wrong lane running over locals and signs.. its like I'm not even on a rp server and the cops are just in there own world with no care of who they hit or run over.... reckless... cops ramping police bikes over walls and cutting corners.. city is amazing don't get me wrong but I just feel like the police should be held accountable more often and have more of a punishment for there actions.. Imo cops driving with no laws "because they are cops and they can" is fail rp. 

• Like 2

I agree with @Mike Lowrey, Its a video game man. It ain't supposed to be super realistic. Like yes some RP is somewhat realistic. But like he said, IRL would you randomly wave your gun around, no. IRL would you drive your million dollar plus sports car offroad, No. If you want extreme realism, go out into real life and rob a bank or something and get into a police chase, theres your realism. At the end of the day, RP isn't always perfect and at the end of the day this is a video game.

7 hours ago, CrackyMcDoogal said:

I agree with @Mike Lowrey, Its a video game man. It ain't supposed to be super realistic. Like yes some RP is somewhat realistic. But like he said, IRL would you randomly wave your gun around, no. IRL would you drive your million dollar plus sports car offroad, No. If you want extreme realism, go out into real life and rob a bank or something and get into a police chase, theres your realism. At the end of the day, RP isn't always perfect and at the end of the day this is a video game.

nowhere did I say I'm seeking extreme realism... but again its a rp server and part of rp is following the traffic laws to the best of your ability. when your doing 100+mph down the wrong side of the road or on a sidewalk its unrealistic . when a cop jumps a 4ft wall on a motorcycle its unrealistic. when you get a suspect in custody and need to race as fast as your car can go back to pd its unrealistic.  its not about being extremely realistic but at the same time it is a rp server. I cant drive 160 thru the city as a civilian cause my court case is about to start or cause i am about to starve to death so I feel like there is no need for a cop to do 160 to the station with a suspect in custody. I'm not here to play gta I'm here to play rp and that involves not doing unrealistic things. and as for guns being waved around that shit happens in real life in the ghettos all the time. but you don't see cops racing down sidewalks running over signs and people to try and catch someone who blew a red light. I just feel like there could be atleast an attempt to try and make it less like gtaonline and more like a rp server in terms of driving reckless everywhere you go for no reason at all. 

9 minutes ago, Timr said:

Welcome to Badlands, where crims go through legion square at 150mph and shoot cops over a $2500 speeding ticket, but cops are exclusively asked to obey traffic laws

The crims have consequences for doing the shit they do is what im getting at. I feel like shooting a cop over a speeding ticket is a whole other issue itself? but i guess we can avoid the topic here and make like im the bad guy for trying to combat getting smashed into by police multiple times a day cause they dont have any laws to abide by.

56 minutes ago, xvwvx said:

nowhere did I say I'm seeking extreme realism... but again its a rp server and part of rp is following the traffic laws to the best of your ability. when your doing 100+mph down the wrong side of the road or on a sidewalk its unrealistic . when a cop jumps a 4ft wall on a motorcycle its unrealistic. when you get a suspect in custody and need to race as fast as your car can go back to pd its unrealistic.  its not about being extremely realistic but at the same time it is a rp server. I cant drive 160 thru the city as a civilian cause my court case is about to start or cause i am about to starve to death so I feel like there is no need for a cop to do 160 to the station with a suspect in custody. I'm not here to play gta I'm here to play rp and that involves not doing unrealistic things. and as for guns being waved around that shit happens in real life in the ghettos all the time. but you don't see cops racing down sidewalks running over signs and people to try and catch someone who blew a red light. I just feel like there could be atleast an attempt to try and make it less like gtaonline and more like a rp server in terms of driving reckless everywhere you go for no reason at all. 

I don't get what you're trying to pinpoint here with what you said? I have not ever seen a cop whether it be BCSO or LSPD go 160 mph back to mrpd after having a suspect in custody. I've seen them go code 2, which is lights only, back to mrpd and go maybe 75 thru the city. As for the whole driving on the sidewalk or wrong side of the road, I'd say I've seen that because they were in an active pursuit. I'm not sure why you are just trying to make the police at fault for all these things. I've seen civilians do the same thing that you claim, but yet say nothing about that. 

57 minutes ago, xvwvx said:

The crims have consequences for doing the shit they do is what im getting at. I feel like shooting a cop over a speeding ticket is a whole other issue itself? but i guess we can avoid the topic here and make like im the bad guy for trying to combat getting smashed into by police multiple times a day cause they dont have any laws to abide by.

And if you're "getting smashed" by the police, there's many ways to deal with that. You can go down to mrpd and file a report, you can talk to lawyers and sue, you can file an Internal Affairs report on the website.. There's so many things to amend the issue you claim to be having. If you don't try to do something nothing will fix itself on its own. 

• Like 1

I wouldnt expect you being a cop to understand what i am trying to point out? clearly in your eyes cops are perfect and everyone else is a shitlord. my point being that if i run over a local infront of a cop im going to jail for murder. if a cop runs over a local infront of me i can go and complain but the complaint goes nowhere cause A- i dont have the cops name or badge number who did it or B- i get laughed at making the report or i have cops on my case all day giving me tickets for literally anything they can. all of the points i made in the original post are experiences i have had first hand PLENTY of times in the years i have been around. there is ways to deal with this in char but at the same time this stuff all happens on a daily and for me to sit in a wheelchair for 2 weeks paying a lawyer and having a open case on a cop just for it to NEVER actually go to court is discouraging.. I am not painting all cops as bad nor am i painting any civs or crims as good.. im in the suggestions thread talking about a issue that i know plenty of people in the city agree with ... all im trying to do is shed some light on it and maybe someone who gives a shit will bring it up and maybe impliment a system where its easier to report a cop for things? maybe a ingame IA? something i feel the city has needed for a long time..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, xvwvx said:

I wouldnt expect you being a cop to understand what i am trying to point out? clearly in your eyes cops are perfect and everyone else is a shitlord. my point being that if i run over a local infront of a cop im going to jail for murder. if a cop runs over a local infront of me i can go and complain but the complaint goes nowhere cause A- i dont have the cops name or badge number who did it or B- i get laughed at making the report or i have cops on my case all day giving me tickets for literally anything they can. all of the points i made in the original post are experiences i have had first hand PLENTY of times in the years i have been around. there is ways to deal with this in char but at the same time this stuff all happens on a daily and for me to sit in a wheelchair for 2 weeks paying a lawyer and having a open case on a cop just for it to NEVER actually go to court is discouraging.. I am not painting all cops as bad nor am i painting any civs or crims as good.. im in the suggestions thread talking about a issue that i know plenty of people in the city agree with ... all im trying to do is shed some light on it and maybe someone who gives a shit will bring it up and maybe impliment a system where its easier to report a cop for things? maybe a ingame IA? something i feel the city has needed for a long time..

i see where you are coming from however if by local you mean AI then if a cop runs them over RP it out dont get upset about it and if you run an AI over and a cop says you murderd them RP it out and move on

end of the day this is a game with a log of bugs and the devs work super hard to fix them but you cant fix ping delay ive been playing for over 2 years and i run AI over all the time and i deal with it acordingly same as if someone else did i would deal with it if the RP was there or ignore it

however maybe the cops you have been charged by are having a bad day or trying to make an RP situation and you dont wanna go along with it but just try to RP things out

Crims use anything they can do "cheat" or "get the advantage" we recive a lot of abuse as cops from being called names to being swarn at by people because they are upset with how they are being treated some cops by RP are by the book some cops by RP are not by the book all depending on the officer

and if you submit IA on the website they do get dealt with IC and actions are taken 

you also mentioned an IA system in game you can always ask for an officers name and badge number and they should be handing them over or place a 911 call 

Bryan Baxter

DOC - Ranking Corrections Officer

LSPD - Sergeant

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xvwvx said:

You act like cops don’t have 2nd characters as crims I use to play a crim as my main until I made my cop my main character and killed my crim off you really don’t know what cops have to deal with until you are in there shoes I use To be a bitchy crying crim everytime something didnt go my way until I had a one on one with a admin and get a better understanding then I stop caring about being arrested or ticketed the city is meant to be fun not super serious bullshit that is seen on tik tok so you can’t say “I can’t expect a cop to understand” and cops don’t think every crim is a shit lord if you don’t like how cops act in the city or how things are ran you can find another server end of story 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike Lowrey said:

if you don’t like how cops act in the city or how things are ran you can find another server end of story

That kinda talk aint really needed my guy. Dude wants to give feedback on his experience. What if I told you to find another server cause you don't like Elgin? smh

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike Lowrey said:

dont like what i have to say keep scrolling lol i don't sugar coat things bud 

remember ... this isn't a chat box to argue about what your opinion is.. its a suggestion box to try and improve peoples experience.. you are clearly showing a perfect example of how shit is dealt with when dealing with cops.. "don't like it then don't play in this city" this post is not directed at you in any way. I am just trying to shed light on issues I see.. there is no reason to attack one another over a suggestions post... your opinion is your opinion as is mine.. no need to tell anyone to keep scrolling if they don't like what YOU have to say. I feel like telling people to find a new city if they don't like how cops are acting is emphasizing on the main issue with the city...

9 hours ago, Bryan Baxter said:

i see where you are coming from however if by local you mean AI then if a cop runs them over RP it out dont get upset about it and if you run an AI over and a cop says you murderd them RP it out and move on

end of the day this is a game with a log of bugs and the devs work super hard to fix them but you cant fix ping delay ive been playing for over 2 years and i run AI over all the time and i deal with it acordingly same as if someone else did i would deal with it if the RP was there or ignore it

however maybe the cops you have been charged by are having a bad day or trying to make an RP situation and you dont wanna go along with it but just try to RP things out

Crims use anything they can do "cheat" or "get the advantage" we recive a lot of abuse as cops from being called names to being swarn at by people because they are upset with how they are being treated some cops by RP are by the book some cops by RP are not by the book all depending on the officer

and if you submit IA on the website they do get dealt with IC and actions are taken 

you also mentioned an IA system in game you can always ask for an officers name and badge number and they should be handing them over or place a 911 call 

Bryan Baxter

LSPD - Sergeant

I agree with everything you said basically .. my only complaint here is that any time I've wanted to write a IA on a cop was typically while in custody and the most recent time was the cop hopping a massive wall wheelieing a motorcycle and I asked for the cops name like 20 times and the officer literally refused to give it.. I asked to have the cop come to the cells .. instead  he was on radio with the officer and it ended up me going to jail and not getting a name or anything..  I literally pride myself on not doing rat shit and yet I get treated like garbage 50% of the time I am arrested.. its not just like normal banter and fun rp its like oh you did  a crime  fuck you go to jail for max time and fines and cause you asked for the cops name you don't get any leverage on any fines or time... basically I am learning that the cops deal with a ton of shit crims all day and by the time I fly in its all boiled down to just fed up pissed off cops.. but even then I feel like if your not enjoying your time as a cop maybe you should fly out ? me flying in 9pm est and trying to hit a bank spending 1 hour on prep and 30k on mats to get chased for 2 minutes and rammed till my car is smoking is just not fun at all. I feel like the point of a rp server is to come in and have fun .. not drag emotions into it and play till you cant stand your surroundings....

4 hours ago, xvwvx said:

I agree with everything you said basically .. my only complaint here is that any time I've wanted to write a IA on a cop was typically while in custody and the most recent time was the cop hopping a massive wall wheelieing a motorcycle and I asked for the cops name like 20 times and the officer literally refused to give it.. I asked to have the cop come to the cells .. instead  he was on radio with the officer and it ended up me going to jail and not getting a name or anything..  I literally pride myself on not doing rat shit and yet I get treated like garbage 50% of the time I am arrested.. its not just like normal banter and fun rp its like oh you did  a crime  fuck you go to jail for max time and fines and cause you asked for the cops name you don't get any leverage on any fines or time... basically I am learning that the cops deal with a ton of shit crims all day and by the time I fly in its all boiled down to just fed up pissed off cops.. but even then I feel like if your not enjoying your time as a cop maybe you should fly out ? me flying in 9pm est and trying to hit a bank spending 1 hour on prep and 30k on mats to get chased for 2 minutes and rammed till my car is smoking is just not fun at all. I feel like the point of a rp server is to come in and have fun .. not drag emotions into it and play till you cant stand your surroundings....

its hard not to bring emotions into the game i for one am guilty of that i use to such a shit head cop back in the day if it wasnt for senior people within the PD i would even be in the server i was such a cunt being so aggrassive to crims and sometimes you get called names and it pisses me off but you just have to deal with it and just take 5 most of the time we come across crims that just say okay well i have money who i dont care about the fines so we are now told to get judges invloved because of this and it makes PD not want to clock in and have fun and unfortunately some crims are like this and it ruins it for other people and thats something the crim community need to understand that other people are trashing the PDs fun for the rest of you

like vehicle swaps i had to deal with 2 in one chase and when they got pitted out and the vehicle was broken and we blocked them from getting in another the guy called me a "Shit Cop" a "W Cop" a "Cunt" a "Fucking Shit Lord" and thats what we deal with on the daily so we step it up and the crims complain about it

Bryan Baxter

LSPD - Sergeant

Edited by Bryan Baxter
  • Like 2

On 9/17/2022 at 4:13 AM, xvwvx said:

I asked for the cops name like 20 times and the officer literally refused to give it.. I asked to have the cop come to the cells .. instead  he was on radio with the officer and it ended up me going to jail and not getting a name or anything..  

Please don't let that stop you from putting an IA in. If you give us your name, some info about the incident (what happened, roughly what day/time), we can usually figure out who the officers were.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Piper Bentley said:

Please don't let that stop you from putting an IA in. If you give us your name, some info about the incident (what happened, roughly what day/time), we can usually figure out who the officers were.

100% because as a supervisor similar to Piper it hurts us the most when people view the I.A or complaint forum as a cop-out that cops say to justify negative interactions or wrong doing. At the same time criminals are going to do just that "crime" and we have a duty to respond to it to enforce the law to the best of our abilities.