Radio frequency for truckers

GoatChease

I did a little bit of trucking when I first joined the server to get a little cash, but it's fairly isolated and there's very little RP while doing it. I think it would be cool if as a city we could decide to make a certain frequency a sort of amateur/ham radio. (Alternatively, trucking could become a job you clock into and there could be a global radio.) Truckers could use said frequency to talk about the work, maybe someone's Ron tank blew up and is blocking a certain trucking pick up point so you call it out to the other truckers on the radio, or perhaps cops have set up a speed trap somewhere.

This is something that could be done completely IC if an individual, or group, (maybe one of the trucking companies I've seen around) took the initiative to RP it out and I think it could be really fun for people who enjoy trucking.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, GoatChease said:

I did a little bit of trucking when I first joined the server to get a little cash, but it's fairly isolated and there's very little RP while doing it. I think it would be cool if as a city we could decide to make a certain frequency a sort of amateur/ham radio. (Alternatively, trucking could become a job you clock into and there could be a global radio.) Truckers could use said frequency to talk about the work, maybe someone's Ron tank blew up and is blocking a certain trucking pick up point so you call it out to the other truckers on the radio, or perhaps cops have set up a speed trap somewhere.

This is something that could be done completely IC if an individual, or group, (maybe one of the trucking companies I've seen around) took the initiative to RP it out and I think it could be really fun for people who enjoy trucking.

I agree with this! We have ATC that was put in for a 1 off Cayo, having a trucking radio imo would be pretty awesome. I have toyed with the Idea of making a trucker specifically for the RP of trucking, building up his cash, working for a company, get his own truck things like that. The inspiration comes from the old Stallone move Over the Top and from one of my favs, Big Trouble in Little China. Having  aradio station globally once you are clocked in and inside a truck would be pretty cool for ppl to still RP, and make connections. HUGE support from me on this one!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...