Impounding Cars

HwRusty

I feel like we need a way to retrieve our cars from the impound EARLY when they have a 1 - 3 day impound on them. Because we all have a favourite car we love doing a get away with / racing with. I think if we paid a certain amount of money we should be able to get it back early. 

Obviously don’t make it to cheap, but don’t make it SUPER expensive. Crims lose a lot from getting caught, let’s not make it even harder when there favourite car gets impounded for 3 days. I understand that there is a punishment for being caught, but i personally think it would make a big difference if we could pay a certain amount to get the car back. 

It would also help with new crims starting, new crims only have a certain amount of cars. They could’ve spent all there money on a Wide Body Drafter (200K) and then got it impounded, they could be stuck doing nothing for the next 1 - 3 days. 

Personally I’d love a way to retrieve my cars early. Maybe could do a timing thing so; 

1 Days Left: 5K

2 Days Left: 7.5K

3 Days Left: 10K 

I wouldn’t mind paying that all, in real life people pay money to get there cars from the towing company. So I think we should be able to do the same in RP. 

+0

I’m kind of in the middle of this, because yeah there can be peoples favorites cars that they like to drive, but the other amounts of vehicles that people horde I think people can be more creative with trying out different vehicles rather the just a Meta Drafter, or Jester Widebody.

Like a good example I had a couple months ago where I had robbed a string of Fleecas in a Elegy Retro Custom, and a Sentinel Classic and although it was a struggle(I’m no gifted driver),but in the end I still came out 4-1. With being creative you can still prevail successfully.

• Like 2

-1 Extended impounds happen for specific reasons, if you have a favorite car don’t use it for crime. I also believe there have been instances where people can contact lawyers to try and get a car released early and putting a simple price gate on it could further limit legal system RP 

I'm +1, but those prices would need to be JACKED up in order for me to be 100% on board. It should come to the characters mind.....is it worth this much, or should I just wait. 

Edit: OF COURSE with the stipulation if used in a crime in X amount of time of being impounded that it could be seized, because I'm a jerk :P

Edited by vDrop
  • Like 1

+1 / -1 because I don't mind people getting their cars out early and yes it would help new crim's but new crim's don't have the bankroll to pay the prices I would find comfortable to allow this. Also the amount of push back you would get from criminals that would do some of the most outrageous things to protect the car they just paid a large some of money to get our early and it goes right back in.  It seems like it only benefits the "wealthy" and "punishes" the "poor" but for racing and whatnot I can also see the positive. I don't know if it's my cop brain but if you know your going to race in a car you need then why would you do a crime that has the risk of getting it taken away? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TwoTaDile said:

+1 / -1 because I don't mind people getting their cars out early and yes it would help new crim's but new crim's don't have the bankroll to pay the prices I would find comfortable to allow this. Also the amount of push back you would get from criminals that would do some of the most outrageous things to protect the car they just paid a large some of money to get our early and it goes right back in.  It seems like it only benefits the "wealthy" and "punishes" the "poor" but for racing and whatnot I can also see the positive. I don't know if it's my cop brain but if you know your going to race in a car you need then why would you do a crime that has the risk of getting it taken away? 

Yeah it seems like everyone is very 2 minded about it, the way i see it is. If you’re racing with a warrant, and you need a pickup. That car you left behind will probably get a 1 day impound. I haven’t got a clue if it’s a good idea or not 😂

• Like 1