Flyers & Illegal Locations

I've noticed an apparent issue, since the "fallout" as I like to call it where all drug locations or illegal locations got raided.

Flyers. Lots of people preach, keeping locations secret and so forth; and repeatedly, I've run across these locations and people put flyers down. I've seen up to 7 at some spots. I don't see these as being helpful to RP growth, things should be natural if moving up the criminal world. It doesn't make sense to stumble upon a location, because it's surrounded by flyers.

Should be a rule clarification of some sort. Thoughts and Idea's?

• Like 2

I get your point, cause you cant just call the police to delete them lol. But there is another business that can remove flyers. Maybe its possible to make like zones where you are not able to place flyers on the ground. 
Cause if we make greenzones and you are still able to place them down, its useless. OR make them go away with storms in that area?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dash said:

I get your point, cause you cant just call the police to delete them lol. But there is another business that can remove flyers. Maybe its possible to make like zones where you are not able to place flyers on the ground. 
Cause if we make greenzones and you are still able to place them down, its useless. OR make them go away with storms in that area?

+1

On 10/7/2022 at 1:33 PM, Rizz said:

So cringe whenever I see this happening, but not worth the development time to specify every time. Flyers are on the list anyways, so something will probably be done. 

a easy solution might be to tie the player ID to each flier, then when someone places this on the ground at a place it shouldn't be it could be reported. rather than banning them server wide could just address the problem directly. just a thought.

On 10/7/2022 at 12:06 PM, Dash said:

the issue is illegal locations shouldn't have them at all, calling that business to a location they might not be aware of now opens that as a meta unlock for a pretty shitty situation. like imagine if you had to call the Lost MC to every single drug lab to unlock it, would give us an unfair advantage over other groups because we dont even need to work to find locations they will just come to us.

7 hours ago, Atryus said:

a easy solution might be to tie the player ID to each flier, then when someone places this on the ground at a place it shouldn't be it could be reported. rather than banning them server wide could just address the problem directly. just a thought.

Staff can already see the ID of the person who placed it, it's encouraged to reach out in OOC or a staff member directly if a flyer is blocking a mechanic/feature or is placed in a hidden location.

• Like 1