Heist Timer

HwRusty

I think the timer for heists need to be reduced, I’m not gonna say what the timer is on each job due to meta, but I feel like when it’s prime hours only 1/2 jobs get hit. Police get bored on shift, so maybe we could reduce the timer on big jobs so things can get hit frequently. It would also allow gangs to genuinely do things as a group. A flecca cut 5 ways isn’t worth it in end, however a paleto is. 

Let me know what you all think about this. 

• Like 2

The only thing I'm worried about is people or a specific gang hitting multiple things in one night.
So there should be different sets of timers.

Personal - All across cooldown before being able to rob anything
Personal - Cooldown on the thing that was just hit
Group (proximity) - In order to give a cooldown to entire groups

This will allow groups that rarely get the chance to hit something, a chance. It'll also reduce the chance of taking a hostage for a heist, and realizing you can't hit it because that one group that hits it every day, already hit it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lion_Luke said:

The only thing I'm worried about is people or a specific gang hitting multiple things in one night.
So there should be different sets of timers.

Personal - All across cooldown before being able to rob anything
Personal - Cooldown on the thing that was just hit
Group (proximity) - In order to give a cooldown to entire groups

This will allow groups that rarely get the chance to hit something, a chance. It'll also reduce the chance of taking a hostage for a heist, and realizing you can't hit it because that one group that hits it every day, already hit it.

I genuinely don’t think gangs will hit it more than once a night, it gives everyone the opportunity to hit it. Have a good chase, maybe a shootout. It’ll prevent gangs being less bored if they aren’t doing anything. 

Like I don’t wanna watch hours for the paleto, but maybe like an hour and half the next group can hit it. Because prime hours for EU is like 12am - 3am it’s hard for some of the EU people to even hit a paleto. But it would be for 2/3 gangs to hit it for a night. 

I think the problem is that PD would have to be as efficient as possible for Timers to be reduced, we have Problems already as PD Managing Scenes ranging from just small things such Boost's to Fleeca Robberies that sometimes can take an Hour or Two to wrap up, and Having Multiple things go off in less then an Hour and 30 Minutes with just 4 Police on Duty during EU Shift, those things can really Strain the Police on Duty, as it is currently It can already be chaos during Late EU Hours, it just has its off days occasionally.

• Like 2

I kinda see both sides of those argument but I will say this lowering the time would cause massive chain robberies I already know two gangs that would exploit the shit out of this situation but I see the other side of times where I’m just driving around on PD and nothing is really going on besides small calls which I enjoy as much as a bank call 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mike Lowrey said:

I kinda see both sides of those argument but I will say this lowering the time would cause massive chain robberies I already know two gangs that would exploit the shit out of this situation but I see the other side of times where I’m just driving around on PD and nothing is really going on besides small calls which I enjoy as much as a bank call 

If gangs are chain robbing things, other gangs in the city can press them for it if they know who they are, it’s just so hard to rob anything in prime hours because it’s already been hit

5 hours ago, HwRusty said:

If gangs are chain robbing things, other gangs in the city can press them for it if they know who they are, it’s just so hard to rob anything in prime hours because it’s already been hit

That is true but it’s a first come first served type of thing I mean fleecas and smaller things those get hit 6 times a day when it comes to higher stakes things I feel timers are perfect

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2022 at 4:35 AM, Mike Lowrey said:

I’m late to this, but majority of the time the smaller calls and interactions lead into way better rp situations than the larger jobs do. Most of the larger jobs tend to just be Rob Bank - Chase - Evade or Shootout. And then processing where regardless somebody finds a complaint about something somewhere when it doesn’t go their way.