QOL Suggestions

Zethnos

I just have some QOL suggestions I'd like to throw out there. Figured it would be better to put them all in one post than to make multiple posts lol.

1) Pressing [Y] a 2nd time deactivates cruise control.
    - It would be nice to not have to press [SHIFT]+[Y] while also driving to deactivate it.

2) Add a /logout command that will take you back to the character select screen.
    - This will prevent people needing to quit FiveM, load it back up and have to fight queue if they got the timing wrong.

(Wasn't aware it could be done in apartment).

3) Add the ability to select to spawn in at your last location or your property.
    - Sometimes spawning in at the last location isn't the best option because it may be a high traffic area, somewhere that may leave you locked in, could potentially be immersion breaking for people in the area, or a number of other reasons. It would also be cool to see other places be selectable like train stations or the bus depo.
    - Could potentially be a whitelist only option.

4) Some HUD elements need adjusting.
    - Some menus cover up other custom HUD elements. I've tested this on 1080p & 1440p. When doing delivery runs it shows what you need to deliver on the right hand side of the screen. The store menu where you buy the items covers up part of that HUD making the quantities harder to read.

5) In garages, show the "Store Vehicle" button at the top followed by a list of all vehicles & add an all vehicles category.
    - As a new player it's kind of overwhelming/frustrating to open the garage and then see all the categories of vehicles and have to try to figure out what you need to click on to find your vehicle. Especially since you don't own very many in the beginning. It would be nice to be able to see them all and then have the sorting options for use later if you gain enough vehicles to need them.

Edited by Zethnos

5 minutes ago, Zethnos said:

I just have some QOL suggestions I'd like to throw out there. Figured it would be better to put them all in one post than to make multiple posts lol.

1) Pressing [Y] a 2nd time deactivates cruise control.
    - It would be nice to not have to press [SHIFT]+[Y] while also driving to deactivate it. If it's so that people can press [Y] to set a lower speed, why not make the [UP]/[DOWN] arrow keys (or other keys) adjust the cruise control up or down by 1 MPH? It's just awkward to try to press all those keys at one time to turn it off.

2) Add a /logout command that will take you back to the character select screen.
    - This will prevent people needing to quit FiveM, load it back up and have to fight queue if they got the timing wrong.

3) Add the ability to select to spawn in at your last location or your property.
    - Sometimes spawning in at the last location isn't the best option because it may be a high traffic area, somewhere that may leave you locked in, could potentially be immersion breaking for people in the area, or a number of other reasons. It would also be cool to see other places be selectable like train stations or the bus depo.

- Some menus cover up other custom HUD elements. I've tested this on 1080p & 1440p. When doing delivery runs it shows what you need to deliver on the right hand side of the screen. The store menu where you buy the items covers up part of that HUD making the quantities harder to read.

5) In garages, show the "Store Vehicle" button at the top followed by a list of all vehicles & add an all vehicles category.
    - As a new player it's kind of overwhelming/frustrating to open the garage and then see all the categories of vehicles and have to try to figure out what you need to click on to find your vehicle. Especially since you don't own very many in the beginning. It would be nice to be able to see them all and then have the sorting options for use later if you gain enough vehicles to need them.

(2) You can switch characters at your apartment, and don't need to exit the server. 

(3) If it was a full whitelisted server, sure, but can easily be abused.

(5) Yes ❤️ lol

14 minutes ago, vDrop said:

(2) You can switch characters at your apartment, and don't need to exit the server. 

(3) If it was a full whitelisted server, sure, but can easily be abused.

(5) Yes ❤️ lol

Ahh okay, I didn't know I could do it at the apartment. Thank you! I'll remove that one lol. I don't really go in my apartment for anything so I didn't think about looking xD

I get that it "could" be abused, but at the same time, if you have to log out in order to use the spawn select screen and or swap characters I feel it would be more work than just walking from point to point. Especially if they put some kind of cooldown timer on swapping characters to prevent that. I could see why they wouldn't want to though for those rare instances where plebs would want to abuse it.

1 hour ago, Zethnos said:

When you start up FiveM, before joining a server, go to the settings (top right). There is an option there to force UI elements to 1080p no matter what. That should help you out.

Edited by Lion_Luke
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Brendan Thomson said:

You can adjust the cruise control speed with the * and - keys on your numpad I believe.

25 minutes ago, Lion_Luke said:

Not sure about this, but you can do it with -/+ on your keyboard 

Ah, if it can already be adjusted then it would be awesome to toggle it on and off with Y instead of SHIFT+Y.

27 minutes ago, Lion_Luke said:

When you start up FiveM, before joining a server, go to the settings (top right). There is an option there to force UI elements to 1080p no matter what. That should help you out.

Will this make everything bigger or smaller? I also play on another server and don't know if that setting would mess up the HUD on there. Even when I'm playing on a 1080p monitor though where the graphics should be 1080 it still does it.

53 minutes ago, Zethnos said:

Ah, if it can already be adjusted then it would be awesome to toggle it on and off with Y instead of SHIFT+Y.

Will this make everything bigger or smaller? I also play on another server and don't know if that setting would mess up the HUD on there. Even when I'm playing on a 1080p monitor though where the graphics should be 1080 it still does it.

It'll look normal, or should anyways. On any server

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...