Unleash the vehicles!

JigglyMuff

After speaking to people around the city about things they would like to see, as well as people that work at the dealerships. 

A unanimous opinion between all these individuals was expressed, frustrations about the lack of roll outs of new vehicles across the board. 

I asked several of these people why they thought this was and if it would change, and if posting about it would help. 

All of them said posting will not help and they are not sure why this is the way it is. I asked is it a development issue? They said no, its very simple to bring in new vehicles they just do not want to or simply are not doing it. This seemed confusing to me. 

Obviously there are many interests in the city and people partake in many types of RP with vehicles and the businesses they run so it would seem that if it is not a massive undertaking having a more consistent rollout of vehicles and maybe clearer communication from higher ups on the boards about this would really help. 

I don't think anyone that I spoke with is opposed to this. 

The last thing I would like to say is - I know many growing servers require time and effort to bring updates and fun stuff for everyone. Has anyone thought about making a monthly donation link, if this would help with aiding in the frequency and consistency of updates? I think there are many people that would be more than willing to throw some money at the team if it mean more updates to the city. 

Appreciate all the hard work that's put forth and just wanted to share this to hopefully spark some productive conversation. 

Edited by JigglyMuff

9 hours ago, JigglyMuff said:

its very simple to bring in new vehicles they just do not want to or simply are not doing it. This seemed confusing to me.

LMAO, I assumed this post was just a troll after getting to this point. There’s lots of things that go on when it comes to adding vehicles. Every vehicle has a complete custom handling profile that has to be created and tested extensively and balanced. Outside of that, server compatibility aswell as many other things need to be tested and considered to bring a new vehicle in. It’s a very large amount of work and a lot of vehicles just don’t make it. It’s far from a case of it just being this easy thing to do and the only reason it isn’t is because the devs just don’t want too. 

There are so many vehicles to choose from, most of the vehicles you have available in GTA Online are available to you in Badlands. Then you have all the widebody kits and car converters (which are modded). 

In terms of import (IRL) cars well that will just mess up server performance. There’s a lot of things behind the scenes that are assessed and looked into when making decisions about bringing anything in. It’s never a case of “they just don’t want to”. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Richie Jax said:

LMAO, I assumed this post was just a troll after getting to this point. There’s lots of things that go on when it comes to adding vehicles. Every vehicle has a complete custom handling profile that has to be created and tested extensively and balanced. Outside of that, server compatibility aswell as many other things need to be tested and considered to bring a new vehicle in. It’s a very large amount of work and a lot of vehicles just don’t make it. It’s far from a case of it just being this easy thing to do and the only reason it isn’t is because the devs just don’t want too. 

So I quoted what others have told me, nothing troll about it. I am not of the understanding of what it takes to do this kind of thing. That is why I brought the discussion here. I appreciate you clarifying the work that goes into what it takes. Obviously that makes much more sense now, BUT I think the issue is many people do not understand this, even long  time members of the community, for whatever reasons, but again I appreciate you shedding some light on the developmental side of thins. 

Edited by JigglyMuff

2 hours ago, GK47_ said:

There are so many vehicles to choose from, most of the vehicles you have available in GTA Online are available to you in Badlands. Then you have all the widebody kits and car converters (which are modded). 

In terms of import (IRL) cars well that will just mess up server performance. There’s a lot of things behind the scenes that are assessed and looked into when making decisions about bringing anything in. It’s never a case of “they just don’t want to”. 

Thank you for that clarification! That makes a lot of sense and I feel more confident when speaking to others about passing this info along. 

I think further along the lines of this discussion. One thing I think would be cool, is if development can say regarding vehicles. This is what we are working on, or looking at currently just to give people an idea of the future. I have been looking at the handling thread and vehicle mega thread. There is so many things to be tweaked and suggestions it would be nice to know what is being focused on and even what is needed to help in the development. More developers? More money? etc. Because as I stated before I think this community has a lot of passionate people that do want to help. 

So Ill chime in here since I handle all of the cars that come into the city.

So when GTA V releases DLC cars there is a process in adding them and for the most part it can be done pretty quickly since these cars are designed by Rockstar dev's who understand the limitations of trying to sync cars for online play. When adding a car from lets say GTA5-mods this process can turn into a performance nightmare since most of these cars are pulled from other games that are not online and have High res details then just converted to work with GTA. When taking a car that has been converted the poly and ver counts can range anywhere from 200k up to 1mil and this can and will cause massive performance loss for people in city (Stuff not loading, Falling thru the map) ect. So this is the main factor that limits what can be brought into the city because we want to make sure that everyone can have an enjoyable experience.

The other things to take into consideration is balancing and as some of you know I'm constantly working on trying to balance the cars as much as possible but doing this can be very time consuming when there is upwards of 50 different variables that need to be changed per car. When doing these changes testing is needed during each stage to make sure the car drives like it should. Also other types of testing is needed to make sure there is no model issues like bullet proof windows or invisible bumpers that will clip on curbs or the road after crashing a few times.

So I understand people are always going to want these really nice vehicles but you have to ask yourself do you want something you can drive and enjoy or do you want a paper weight. If there is someone out there who knows how to use Zmodeler and understands poly/verts hit me up on discord.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Knox said:

So when GTA V releases DLC cars there is a process in adding them and for the most part it can be done pretty quickly since these cars are designed by Rockstar dev's who understand the limitations of trying to sync cars for online play. When adding a car from lets say GTA5-mods this process can turn into a performance nightmare since most of these cars are pulled from other games that are not online and have High res details then just converted to work with GTA. When taking a car that has been converted the poly and ver counts can range anywhere from 200k up to 1mil and this can and will cause massive performance loss for people in city (Stuff not loading, Falling thru the map) ect. So this is the main factor that limits what can be brought into the city because we want to make sure that everyone can have an enjoyable experience.

The other things to take into consideration is balancing and as some of you know I'm constantly working on trying to balance the cars as much as possible but doing this can be very time consuming when there is upwards of 50 different variables that need to be changed per car. When doing these changes testing is needed during each stage to make sure the car drives like it should. Also other types of testing is needed to make sure there is no model issues like bullet proof windows or invisible bumpers that will clip on curbs or the road after crashing a few times.

So I understand people are always going to want these really nice vehicles but you have to ask yourself do you want something you can drive and enjoy or do you want a paper weight. If there is someone out there who knows how to use Zmodeler and understands poly/verts hit me up on discord.

Thank you so much. Really in depth explanation and clears things up for any of us that are not in the know about what it takes to bring in vehicles. Really appreciate your efforts and keep it up. Keep up the good work, all your work is really appreciated. Thanks again! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2022 at 10:31 PM, Knox said:

Nerd! Jk love you knox ❤️  Still need a wheel chair with some spinners and a special button that goes zoomy 😂 (kidding maybe)

• Like 1