Sharing keys to partners houses

GK47_

I understand why we can't buy multiple houses because as the server grows, and people dedicate time to the server, there'll be new players looking to move out of Downbad and into their own home! So we'll need available spots for these new players, but what if the person I marry in character already owns their own home, and I do too, and we want keys to eachothers houses? 

I don't really see anything negative or powerful that can come from that, but maybe I'm not thinking enough and ignorant on the situation. Just a suggestion, would love to see it.

• Like 4

I feel like you'd just live together at that point. I don't know of many married couples that live separately except for people about to divorce. I mean, there are super rare cases of some ultra wealthy business types that live apart for weird reasons, but you could probably count the number of couples that do that with one or two hands. No toes needed. Even in those cases, they live apart for only certain months out of the year and it's usually in different countries.

All that to say, idk how it would make sense story wise other than "we want more storage"?

That used to be a thing from what I have heard, you could have keys to her house and access to her garage even. However that got abused from what I hear and what we have today is a result. Now you can say, well wed never do that.... but like everything else, from a balancing standpoint, I see why they changed it. Think about people that would do manufacting. They would have a significant advantage over others by having access to multiple mules, houses, etc. Also sharing garages would kill business for dealerships. Also marriage certificates were $1,000,000 dollars back then so only rich weathy players could abuse the mechanic. 

If its a mechanic thing, it’s probably (idk) something that could be fixed. 

As for the other point of live together, some houses hold sentimental value and meaning to people’s storylines that they’ve built in the server with their character. Would be a shame to just lose that. 

• Like 1