EMS Needs protection

As being a medic myself, when I arrive on a scene to find someone got shot and the suspect is still in the area. I feel like a flash light or even fists against a gun, you're going down. As an idea for EMS, they should have a taser gun to disorient the culprit. This way they are not taking the police's job but just defending their self. 

I have personally seen in other servers or watching twitch streamers in a situation like that if there is a armed person in area still to call out on radio for police to check the scene first if there is police available. And you sit a block or two away until they clear it for you. I have also seen on other servers a ems is able to carry a hand gun. Its just one of those things that has to be decided by the Admins on what they want to do. It sucks because I notice late at night there isn't no cops on sometimes and just a EMS. And you couldn't get help if you wanted too.

3 hours ago, Krefty said:

If you wait for police to arrive on the scene, that just adds more time that the person has to wait to be revived and possibly respawn.

No more time than if that person were to be revived by a medic, then killed again by the culprit.

I personally don't like the idea of arming medics. If the area is unsafe, they should either wait for police backup, or ignore the request. It might seem unfair, but that's how it works in real life.

Part of my concern is that medic is a more accessible role right now. Its easier to get whitelisted and with that comes potential for more problems. Giving out weapons could create a headache and seems a little silly. Real life doesnt always compare but in this situation EMS would almost always wait for pd to clear the scene or risk going in by themselves. Sometimes going into grove street for a revive without cops isnt worth it for example. Requesting a medic isnt a guarantee of survival and a revive.