Hostage etiquette?

HolyHoward

Howdy, so I’m new to the game and got taken hostage and there was a few things the crooks did that I could have taken advantage of, but I’m not sure if I should have so I just let it play out till the  end. 

first being when I was taken hostage they didn’t physically take my phone or gun or anything, or even say “hey we’re taking out you phone battery and throwing your clip in the trash” and I wasn’t restrained in anyway. Just guns in face and get in trunk.

second during the robbery both of them had their backs to me, bullshiting and generally not paying attention while they tried to open a door.

so  my question is, since there was no rp involved in preventing me from doing stuff would I have been in the right if I called the cops while I was in the trunk, or pulled out my gun and shot them while they weren’t paying attention or just ran away? 

I didn’t want to ruin their fun but, also I didn’t feel like they thought this through or put in any effort to stop me.

i would recommend beginning with reading the rules regarding valuing your life, you must here. the reason they let you keep those items is because the minute you tried to radio or phone, youd already be breaking server rules regarding this. your call (no pun) to make, they trusted you not to do anything dumb. youll find if you simply go along with the situation, youll remain unharmed. theyre not out to harm you if its not needed or you dont push your luck. they let you keep your gun because again, youre outnumbered in this situation, they again trusted you not to do anything dumb and get yourself killed. that would be again not valuing your life. some would have taken the items, some are more trusting then others, and some might be doing their first run at it.

as far as them not paying attention. this is where you need to make the decision. if you run and no cops are around, youll be shot down. if cops are there though, different story. now whether the cops tell you to go back in is another story, that would be left to them whether they want to escalate things by allowing you to run out or tell you to go back in to finish the scene.

everything goes back to you valuing your life.

Edited by Aquiles Delmar

Yeah, I will say now that I've been in the city some more, its a much less tense situation than I thought it is. This is something that happens every 15 mins in game to someone and half the time I've been hostage there hasn't been any cops involved or anything, and they just politely return you to where ever you were at. I get what you mean by valuing your life. In my head it was omg these guys are gonna kill me and take all my shit, when it was more of hey we need you to stand here for 10 mins and will make sure nothing happens to you.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2023 at 10:34 AM, Aquiles Delmar said:

i would recommend beginning with reading the rules regarding valuing your life, you must here. the reason they let you keep those items is because the minute you tried to radio or phone, youd already be breaking server rules regarding this. your call (no pun) to make, they trusted you not to do anything dumb. youll find if you simply go along with the situation, youll remain unharmed. theyre not out to harm you if its not needed or you dont push your luck. they let you keep your gun because again, youre outnumbered in this situation, they again trusted you not to do anything dumb and get yourself killed. that would be again not valuing your life. some would have taken the items, some are more trusting then others, and some might be doing their first run at it.

as far as them not paying attention. this is where you need to make the decision. if you run and no cops are around, youll be shot down. if cops are there though, different story. now whether the cops tell you to go back in is another story, that would be left to them whether they want to escalate things by allowing you to run out or tell you to go back in to finish the scene.

everything goes back to you valuing your life.

Yeah Aquiles Delmar is right. Most of the time the people that take you hostage will just let you go without taking anything. They just need you so the cops wont blow the door down. Best bet is to just play along.