My Experience with Police

Hunter Wallen

So tonight, as I was playing on the city, I ran into a situation where a man on a bike rolled up on me when I was doing trucking and said "Hands up or I'll shoot"... at this time he did not have a gun out, and I was in a semi-truck while he was on a motorcycle. So, I ran, fearing for my life... he proceeded to then take out his gun after i started to run and shoot out my tires, I continued to go as I was ahead of him, trying to play defense and swerve into him. I ended up successfully doing so, but in doing that my truck also died so I had to flee on foot while he was knocked out. I hid in a backyard for about 15 minutes, messaging the cops to come since no one would answer at mission row. and even though one time they said someone was coming, no one did.

I saw a truck drive by, so I jumped out to try to get their attention, which they proceeded to just run me over. Knocking me out in the process. I then sat unconscious calling Ems a couple times to no avail.... and ended up having to spend 10k to get brought to pill box.

In the end, I wish that the cops wouldn't prioritize all the car chases so much, especially when I saw 2 of them happening with 3 cops each chasing pass me while I was knocked out on the ground. I understand they have to catch the bad guys and whatever, but when that's all they care about it misses opportunities for some real RP and instead chasing a guy in circles for like 10+ minutes. Like the fact it was a crime scene where they could've added files to a specific gang that tried to take me hostage. 

Edited by Hunter Wallen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hunter Wallen said:

So tonight, as I was playing on the city, I ran into a situation where a man on a bike rolled up on me when I was doing trucking and said "Hands up or I'll shoot"... at this time he did not have a gun out, and I was in a semi-truck while he was on a motorcycle. So, I ran, fearing for my life... he proceeded to then take out his gun after i started to run and shoot out my tires, I continued to go as I was ahead of him, trying to play defense and swerve into him. I ended up successfully doing so, but in doing that my truck also died so I had to flee on foot while he was knocked out. I hid in a backyard for about 15 minutes, messaging the cops to come since no one would answer at mission row. and even though one time they said someone was coming, no one did.

I saw a truck drive by, so I jumped out to try to get their attention, which they proceeded to just run me over. Knocking me out in the process. I then sat unconscious calling Ems a couple times to no avail.... and ended up having to spend 10k to get brought to pill box.

In the end, I wish that the cops wouldn't prioritize all the car chases so much, especially when I saw 2 of them happening with 3 cops each chasing pass me while I was knocked out on the ground. I understand they have to catch the bad guys and whatever, but when that's all they care about it misses opportunities for some real RP and instead chasing a guy in circles for like 10+ minutes. Like the fact it was a crime scene where they could've added files to a specific gang that tried to take me hostage. 

Seems like your situation was very isolated. Your not aware or the extent of why those chases were taking place, and whom was being chased. The amount of time & effort they put in to search for certain individuals after weeks or for some actual months. Whether it involves officers being shot at, or back up needed due to danger, its kinda inconsiderate to take into consideration what they were actually doing, which wasn't ignoring your call. Your call could have easily been flooded & lost with the 100's of notifications they receive that flood there eyes / systems. 

When calls come in, officers accidently could hit a key that says they are responding, but it could have just been a muscle memory flex, and they were already in a active. 

We are allowed to have our RP too. Some of us are not chasing, and are engaging / talking to suspects, civilians, medical personnel, etc. 

Try it out. Its not as easy as you think it is. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, vDrop said:

Seems like your situation was very isolated. Your not aware or the extent of why those chases were taking place, and whom was being chased. The amount of time & effort they put in to search for certain individuals after weeks or for some actual months. Whether it involves officers being shot at, or back up needed due to danger, its kinda inconsiderate to take into consideration what they were actually doing, which wasn't ignoring your call. Your call could have easily been flooded & lost with the 100's of notifications they receive that flood there eyes / systems. 

When calls come in, officers accidently could hit a key that says they are responding, but it could have just been a muscle memory flex, and they were already in a active. 

We are allowed to have our RP too. Some of us are not chasing, and are engaging / talking to suspects, civilians, medical personnel, etc. 

Try it out. Its not as easy as you think it is. 

I've been in the city for about 2-3 years. a good amount as a lawyer, and even a cop for a very short while as a recruit doing ride along. I've got IRL friends that where higher up in the LSPD and in the city in general, and I've been a cop in many other cities. I'm not saying you're wrong and i do agree that happens. But a lot of it is just chases from robberies, it's very easy to tell when the guy being chased is in a blacked out Karuma lol. 

like I said I know it happens, but I truly don't think this city prioritizes it enough.

it's my opinion, that's all. and I'm not the only one I've heard it from...

part of the problem often comes just from the fact that there are more of them, then there are of PD/Sheriff/EMS. as much as we try to answer 911's, we simply cant always do so, nor have the manpower to do so at times. when you see multiple cars on a chase, there is a reason for that. there may be multiple hostiles in the vehicle, there may be someone whos known to be extremely aggressive, etc....

if youre not getting a response to your call, its not because they dont care, its because other things are keeping them busy from responding

i see this same complaint on the EMS side. people complain why we dont get there faster, or why we're "ignoring" their calls. they dont realize that half the city is shooting each other and we're responding to back to back calls.

when you dont get a response, you should assume the system is busy, take appropriate action at that point, and remember to value your life above anything else. i see truckers make this mistake all the time, they think just cause theyre in a semi, they cant be touched..... its as much an NVL issue as if you were in a car. the truck might give you a little advantage, but dont overestimate it

• Like 1

Although I have been out of PD work for sometime now probably closing in on a year, I did do it for close to 5 years, in that time for context I made it to senior staff for both lspd and bsco. In the time I can tell you 90% of the time people putting in 911 calls was also secondary to shootouts, robbery alarms, car thefts etc. The unfortunate reality of the situation is those of us who would take on those 911 calls for the majority of cases arrived to find 2 situations A. Whoever put in the call would disappear before we arrived and wouldn’t answer any attempt to contact them or B. Trolls, and the very small occasion a valid call with worthwhile RP. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/1/2023 at 11:35 PM, dK_ said:

Although I have been out of PD work for sometime now probably closing in on a year, I did do it for close to 5 years, in that time for context I made it to senior staff for both lspd and bsco. In the time I can tell you 90% of the time people putting in 911 calls was also secondary to shootouts, robbery alarms, car thefts etc. The unfortunate reality of the situation is those of us who would take on those 911 calls for the majority of cases arrived to find 2 situations A. Whoever put in the call would disappear before we arrived and wouldn’t answer any attempt to contact them or B. Trolls, and the very small occasion a valid call with worthwhile RP. 

i can understand that to a degree but shouldn't make it a non priority 

• 4 months later...

IMO as a noob ( to this city ) there is nowhere near enough police / EMS for a server with 275 players. I have yet to get an EMS response, and see on average about one cop per hour. And BSCO apps closed, that's wild. 
I'd like to help in some way as I have been both EMS and Police in other cities, but the two week ( at least ) waiting period sucks for someone who has little interest RPing anything other than those. If you have experience and can demonstrate that, what's the issue with getting more help on the streets ASAP? 

Edited by Bo West