Graffiti everywhere?

1 hour ago, Lucille Cheetham said:

So general discussion for peeps and curious on thoughts. Anyone else tired of graffiti all over. I mean I’ve found it out in the woods, all over town, 20 million times all over apartment buildings. 

What are your thoughts on it? 

Honestly quite realistic, either way this is something that can be combatted IC. Maybe tip the police if you notice spray paint in public areas? 😉

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Denver said:

Honestly quite realistic, either way this is something that can be combatted IC. Maybe tip the police if you notice spray paint in public areas? 😉

100% realistic and I had a friend who did tip the cops and asked about cleaning up. It was told we need to talk to that gang because they didn’t want to touch it 😆 

What if something was added that cleaned up the sprays over time, not only boosting business and rp for the sellers of the cans, but also its way more realistic that sprays fade over time, i spend 300 years in prison yet that spray i did before i went in is still there 🤣

Just like how i think fliers should ALL degrade over time so should all sprays, Maybe over a month all fliers and sprays disappear. If you want them back then replace them down and respray it back too. Short inconvenience for a huge cosmetic fix. 

Its not as simple as "jUsT caLl tHe PoLice" because sometimes they busy as hell and 50% of the time not interested in coming to clean sprays or pick up fliers, now i know some dont mind and some do im just saying its not an ideal mechanic that we need cops to pick up fliers and clean sprays. I think someone mentioned before on the discord about being able to work off parole? Maybe you can speak to an NPC who will hand you a sweeping brush and "things to clean" sprays and the more you do the more time off parole you get. Not simple tasks and i get the devs super weighed under with all sorts of stuff. But just a thought.

• Like 1

As the person who provides Spray Cans..

I do agree, sprays are everywhere. Little known story, I do recruit new comers and good RPers to remove graffiti for a quick buck. I always preach it as a super legal work but hard to do if they get caught. It gives them a good challenge and some nice money.

Also, I am (meta) trying to contact staff to be able to get access to paint thinner, so we can sell them for way cheaper... This way we could supply the police force and also not pay too much money ourselves. This means, with RP, the PD can get cheaper cleaning mats for graffiti, instead of sticking to the normal price they pay for.

I do like if graffiti de-spawning with time but I can assure you, people who pay 7.5K per spraycan wont. We already lowered the price from old 30K from Aztecas to 7.5K but the price is a bit high if it will be de-spawning after some time.

So the best thing is, keep it as it is. If we get access to cheaper paint thinner, we could do something better towards removing the overflow of graffiti.
On the other hand, like Denver said, it is realistic.

Also, this is the only thing my "gang" (I hate that word lol) can provide, it already is weak, it would be nice if I get contacted about it, instead of just posting about it on the forums (saw this post by mistake). I don't see people annoyed by the overflow of Class 3s/drugs for example, even tho they are in the hands of everyone lately, especially newer gangs.

ART NEVER HURT :( Leave my cans alone, let us figure some fix for it IC rather than script/server sided.

3 hours ago, Joe Cold said:

As the person who provides Spray Cans..

I do agree, sprays are everywhere. Little known story, I do recruit new comers and good RPers to remove graffiti for a quick buck. I always preach it as a super legal work but hard to do if they get caught. It gives them a good challenge and some nice money.

Also, I am (meta) trying to contact staff to be able to get access to paint thinner, so we can sell them for way cheaper... This way we could supply the police force and also not pay too much money ourselves. This means, with RP, the PD can get cheaper cleaning mats for graffiti, instead of sticking to the normal price they pay for.

I do like if graffiti de-spawning with time but I can assure you, people who pay 7.5K per spraycan wont. We already lowered the price from old 30K from Aztecas to 7.5K but the price is a bit high if it will be de-spawning after some time.

So the best thing is, keep it as it is. If we get access to cheaper paint thinner, we could do something better towards removing the overflow of graffiti.
On the other hand, like Denver said, it is realistic.

Also, this is the only thing my "gang" (I hate that word lol) can provide, it already is weak, it would be nice if I get contacted about it, instead of just posting about it on the forums (saw this post by mistake). I don't see people annoyed by the overflow of Class 3s/drugs for example, even tho they are in the hands of everyone lately, especially newer gangs.

ART NEVER HURT :( Leave my cans alone, let us figure some fix for it IC rather than script/server sided.

Im not trying to suggest anything to hurt your business, but more if the spray disappeared that would increase sales and rp? For instance people want to keep their blocks "tagged" and if your paint cans were to drop in price from 7.5k to say 2.5k people would be coming to you more and buying more and more, The main issue i have with sprays and fliers is just finding them in stupid and immersion breaking places. That spray in the vault at the bank that spray in the prison Etc, if people wanna keep sprays up they will need to purchase more and keep replacing it monthly, which isnt a big deal tbh. It would just overall clean up the city from that goofy goof who sprayed this that one time and its still there. Not very realistic because the state would normally hire someone to remove that spray on that sign etc.

I do agree it boosts my sales, but I'd rather RP boost my sales rather than time.

YES, goofy graffiti is annoying, in Prison, hospitals, PD, vaults etc etc It's just weird, plus people tagging their gang names, should flag them for the police for vandalism.

What we can also do, probationary officers should spend more time doing community work, that would be fun I guess.

• Like 1