Truck job enhancements

Bob Johnson

I was watching a video of another city that just introduced an economy and jobs. They were doing the trucking job and gave me a couple ideas (so I can't claim them as my own).

• Weigh stations on the highway - I imagine this as being a mandatory stop (notification pops up on screen to tell you), and if you don't it's a hefty fine. You could go even further with it and if pulled over after not weighing, the police would know and be able to ground your truck. If you do stop and weigh, there would be a random chance you are over weight and have to pay a fine, drop your trailer, and go to another trucking company to get another. The odds of being overweight would be on the lower side to avoid frustration.
  • Damage to truck deducted from pay - self-explanatory, but it would add value to good driving. Your damage would be evaluated at drop off and the damage deducted from your pay.
  • From the other thread - make actual deliveries to real places to replenish supply. You could then build on that to do actual inventory of stores and gas stations.

The idea is to provide a more entertaining truck job and add some value to it, and something the community relies on, instead of just grinding for money.

Thoughts?

• Like 2