Road Cones

Hoopsure

Don’t know if PD already are able to do this or not, but if not then it can be given to them aswell.

What about adding the option for Tow truck drivers (and PD if they don’t already have it) to set up road cones/road worker signs/road barricades so they can stop AI from ramming them when they are on a tow call (or for PD to section off an area for a scene and make it clear for where people need to stay out of, and PD scan get the “Police Line Do Not Cross” wooden barricades). If the cones are set up properly in the road, the AI will actually try to change lanes/go around to avoid hitting the cones. Also to prevent trolling/shitlording it can be made so if they don’t delete the cones/barricades before they leave, it will automatically delete them when they go far enough from them. Would be nice to place cones/barricades down to make the AI not ram you when you are towing a car (or for PD make people know what area they should stay out of/avoid)

TL;DR

Add the ability for Tow Truck Drivers (and PD if they don’t already have it) to place down road cones (or Police Line Do Not Cross barricades for PD) and have them auto delete if they person leaves the area and doesn’t delete them.

quick edit: I don’t think it would be difficult to incorporate the auto-delete system for props, seeing as the police spikes already have/had that system. ALSO For prop clean up, I was thinking there could be a way to remove individual props, or clean up all. So if you want to just remove them all you can just hit a button and all of the get deleted.

Edited by Hoopsure

This has been discussed before, and has been denied i'm pretty sure. The reason being that more items = more server load = more instability. We as police do not have this capability, and i do not believe we will be getting it. It all has to be cleaned up, which takes alot of time out of our job, and can easily glitch out and get stuck where they are. Auto-deleting would be nice, but i do not think it is possible. Surely a developer will respond and give more information though, or link you to the other posts where it has been discussed. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Flori said:

I asked once if the flares have any impact on locals stopping before them, the answer from staff was that there is very little they can do to control AI traffic... im not sure but that may apply to cones too.

From what I've noticed on other servers, for some reason AI do NOT like flares. They react the same way they would to gunshots. Driving like maniacs, screeching, ramming everything in sight. It would be an awesome concept if the devs could get it to work though. I've seen a lot of LSPD and EMS get ran over by impatient AI's. 

1 hour ago, Siinerge said:

From what I've noticed on other servers, for some reason AI do NOT like flares. They react the same way they would to gunshots. Driving like maniacs, screeching, ramming everything in sight. It would be an awesome concept if the devs could get it to work though. I've seen a lot of LSPD and EMS get ran over by impatient AI's. 

Oh yea you throw a flare as PD and they go nuts, since they don’t aggro on EMS they just ignore it 

Edited by Dkas10