IC Rules Post

Storrent

The rules on what is and is not allowed IC can be unclear and is not posted anywhere on the forums to my knowledge. Just for an example, my character doesn't know the legality of lane splitting on motorcycles. Is he to risk it and potentially get busted? A central place listing things you can get in legal trouble for on the forums, with accompanying punishments, would be helpful for everyone unclear as to whether or not they can do something.

Lane splitting is riding a bicycle or motorcycle between lanes or rows of slow moving or stopped traffic moving in the same direction.[1][2] It is sometimes called lane sharing, whitelining, filtering, or stripe-riding.[3][4] This allows riders to save time, bypassing traffic congestion, and may also be safer than stopping behind stationary vehicles.[2][3][5][6]

I wouldn't pull someone over if they were doing simply that. There's definitely no reason to be doing it when vehicles are travelling over 65mph in my opinion and traffic is flowing on a highway. Likewise, on all other roads vehicles travelling less than 27mph would be acceptable to "lane split" in my opinion. Have patience and pass as if you were in a car. Essentially don't drive dangerously that may cause anyone, including yourself, harm otherwise chances are you could end up with a reckless driving ticket.

Edited by Kai McKee / MoistGoat