Criminal expansion idea

This is an idea I've been kicking around with several other members of the community and gained some pretty positive feedback. Basically the idea is to add a few things for criminals to expand criminal elements of the city and allow gangs or other criminal organization to deepen their rp.

1. Add a new gun store somewhere low-key that can act as a blackmarket where players could but new illegal weapons. The weapons i had in mind could be the TEC-9 which has a very slow fire rate for an smg and low damage, and the sawed off pump action shotgun. These guns can both be around 20-40k and being caught with it could be a felony offense.

2. The ability to rob banks and other criminal activities. I and a lot of others on the server believe gangs/crews should be able to rob banks, a bit higher risk for a higher reward. The reward could range around 10-20k for a 5-10 minute robbery (Also alot of us think 5 minutes for 5k isnt worth the risk at all) The risk should appropriately match the reward for doing it. Other activities could be smuggling, like the trucking job but with different vehicles and different cargo. Another activity I thought would be neat is car chopping, there could be an area somewhere at an un-used garage on the map where players could sell stolen cars for an amount based on the vehicles base price, thus would basically add a use to stealing cars other then transportation.

3. Dirty money. Players could recive dirty money for doing criminal activities that they then need to launder to turn into clean money.

4. Criminal vehicles and a new response to them. 2 criminal vehicles I thought that could be added is the Armored Kuruma and the Armored Baller LE, these could be illegal to use on the road and maybe feature bullet proof tires. Cops could arrest people and impound the vehicle just for seeing them on the road. My idea for how police could respond to these new additions is by adding the Armored police van, S.W.A.T officers with assault carbines could be a new addition to the city as well. Police helicopters could also add to the abilities of the PD to catch people who choose to break the law.

5. Last but not least is zipties. A consumable handcuff type item could be added to the black market that allows a player to restrain another player and access their inventory, letting them take items like drugs, food, money, etc.

I hope you guys like my suggestion and feel free to suggest things to add/remove 

1. We used to have this, I believe it is being reconsidered when businesses are released.

2. This is in development but I think has slowed down for whatever reason, priority etc. I think its still coming one day.

3. Pretty sure this is coming with businesses.

4. Police do have access to SMGs I think depending on rank, same with helicopters. Whilst an illegal vehicle does sound fun, the cops are busy enough and merely seeing these vehicles would result in a police chase, with bullet proof ties and armoured cars the chases will require maximum effort from the police for a long period of time. With so many hanging out at Legion it could get tricky distinguishing what exactly is/isn't cop baiting.

5. RE zip ties " The ability to restrain a player can go wrong in so many ways and that's why it is limited to LSPD only for the time being. There are more pressing rules/behavior problems and patterns that need to be coached, refined and adjusted before bringing in a feature that can create very volatile RP situations. " - This has been requested many times before, I dont know if the staff team have changed their minds on this but this was their last response to the suggestion.

I agree overall that the criminals need more opportunity to make money. Having hopped back in as Gambino for maybe 4 or more  days, all of the cars and equipment/fines I have lost 600K creating scenarios. More will come with businesses that I hope fixes the current imbalance.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Richie Jackson said:

I think zip ties would be cool if it be coded in a way that a player could break them in a certain amount of time

Having stepped back into Gambino and seeing the state of the gangs, I think zip ties would be a disaster. It would be great for civilians having fun, but it would be abused terribly.

• Like 2

Player-restrictive abilities are annoying and unfun under any and all circumstances, including in RP. The police are only able to restrain you because they have to in order to do their job properly. Zip-ties would do nothing but cause annoyance for both the character and the player. Having a gun to someone's head is restraint enough in most civilian situations.

8 hours ago, Storrent said:

Player-restrictive abilities are annoying and unfun under any and all circumstances, including in RP. The police are only able to restrain you because they have to in order to do their job properly. Zip-ties would do nothing but cause annoyance for both the character and the player. Having a gun to someone's head is restraint enough in most civilian situations.

Yes but the fact that there is no "Value of life" rules means people getting robbed can just die rather then give anyone anything. I think zipties that just allow you to take a players items and money would be fine.

• Value of Life
    • A reasonable attempt should be made to preserve your life in any situation. This includes following reasonable demands from a hostile player when there is an indefensible threat to your life. However, if the opportunity presents itself, all players are allowed to defend themselves from hostiles. Ultimately, the aggressor is responsible for their own safety should a target choose to defend themselves.

you may want to read the rules more thoroughly. A device that would allow another player to steal all items/money of another player would be abused and the type of RP it promotes just denigrates he experience of the civilians. 

14 minutes ago, Destis said:

Yes but the fact that there is no "Value of life" rules means people getting robbed can just die rather then give anyone anything. I think zipties that just allow you to take a players items and money would be fine.

On 3/9/2018 at 6:32 PM, Gambino said:

• Value of Life
    • A reasonable attempt should be made to preserve your life in any situation. This includes following reasonable demands from a hostile player when there is an indefensible threat to your life. However, if the opportunity presents itself, all players are allowed to defend themselves from hostiles. Ultimately, the aggressor is responsible for their own safety should a target choose to defend themselves.

you may want to read the rules more thoroughly. A device that would allow another player to steal all items/money of another player would be abused and the type of RP it promotes just denigrates he experience of the civilians. 

Ahh, when I first joined the server i was told there was no value of life by like 10 people so i never really looked it up