Dirtbikes and Off-road

Lawhorn

So, I've recently discovered that the dirtbikes handle about like all other motorcycles off-road.  I don't know whether this is a content limitation or what, but it seems pretty redundant that a vehicle designed for off-road use has virtually no capability to go off-road whatsoever.  It can go downhill on dirt decently, but with almost no traction, whereas it cannot go up a slight incline off-road in the slightest.  I can understand an aspect of trying to balance motorbikes from being useful off-road, but this also eliminates the entire principle behind procuring one at all.

Again, this is something that I am unsure whether it deliberate, or whether it is a content limitation.  Regardless, I would appreciate some kind of feedback onto how or why this is.

Regards,

-Lawhorn

I did try using a few search terms like "dirtbike" "off-road" "offroad" etc.  I searched.  Apparently those terms aren't too widely used then, because the only result I got back that was of interest was one relating to patch notes.  I don't mean to sound antagonistic:  I did perform over six different search terms on the forums here and the only result that seemed to point any relevance was a post that simply said "If only dirtbikes worked in dirt."

And, I understand you're saying it affects all bikes, even police bikes.  I can see the reasoning behind most bikes, as they do not have off-road tires.  Are you saying it's a content or engine limitation?  That each vehicle within the category cannot be tweaked individually?

-Lawhorn

The reason behind the nerf on motorcycles was because cop baiting on motorcycles became so rampant that drastic measures had to be enacted.  When cops would initiate traffic stops on bikes, there was a ten million percent chance that the bike would run. There just wasn't a point to trying to pull someone over on a bike. The general population realized this, and unfortunately it started becoming abused. This is why most people on bikes on the servers are generally regarded as buttholes.

Nowadays, sometimes bikes stop. There's still the occasional guy who immediately veers off the road and ramps his bike 200 million miles into the air if a cop tries to pull him over, but it's much rarer and a little more difficult now. I guarantee if dirtbikes are made to be effective offroad, you'll see a lot more dirtbikes riding around on the sidewalks at Legion Square for absolutely no reason.