loan shark character possible?

Nativi

Hey, I'm new (obviously). Currently not playing until Tuesday since I don't want to get banned for my shitty mic (ordered new one).

My plan with the Walter Fleming character was to start at the bottom as a delivery guy and work my way up to some finance type (loan shark) guy. How realistic is that within the Badlands setup/universe?

That being said, it seems like there might be a shortage of cops during EU hours so if that's a better fit that's fine too. On that note: it seems like it isn't possible to switch between characters on this server. Is this correct? What I mean by that, is that you can save one character, go play with another one for a bit and then return to the first one.

Anyway, I got a lot to learn still, but I hope to have fun with you guys.

It's perfectly feasible to be a loan shark. If they don't pay, you're allowed to break their kneecaps with a baseball bat as long as you properly initiate.

In regards to multiple characters, it is technically possible, but we don't have character slots here. So you'd have to go to town hall, change your identity, then go to the clothing store and barbershop every time you wanted to switch.

• Like 1

Oh that's nice to hear. Is it possible to sell cars from one player to another? Because if so I had an idea about utilizing collateral etc..

And now that I'm in a question-frenzy: is there a way to get a custom license plate on this server?

Edited by Nativi

Far as I know there isn't a way to get a custom license plate. In regards to selling cars, the person you sell it to would only have it till the next restart and they wouldn't have keys to it, and if they get pulled over they'd have to have the cops call you to make sure that they didn't steal it. Also fair warning, when you change your Identity at city hall, all your phone contacts will be lost and the vehicles you currently have out you'll lose the keys to till the next restart.

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 3:24 PM, Hoopsure said:

Also fair warning, when you change your Identity at city hall, all your phone contacts will be lost...

What he means is that the contacts won't be lost from your cell, but the people that have you added will not be able to call you until you send them your new number.

But Welcome to Badlands!

Edited by NEONDEAGLE
Forgot to Welcome lol

I asked this question before I started playing.. Now after grinding a shit ton, I find out that I can't even send texts to people while they are offline, meaning they don't see someone dropped them a text after getting back on. How the hell are you supposed to run this type of business then? In fact, how are you supposed to run any non-trivial business on this server?

1) you can't sell ownership of a car
2) you can't rent out job vehicles or their trunk spaces because that requires ownership (this takes out most interesting short term plays)
3) you can't really communicate with people properly to set up agreements (sure, when someone is a regular or takes it seriously enough to share email addresses you can, but otherwise you can't)

So basically I have zero ways to keep in touch with clients properly in game. They can just claim they weren't online during my hours. I already have to take into account a huge default rate of people who simply stop playing altogether or simply refuse to rp properly and pay me back, but now I can't even communicate with them if they do?

I'm sorry if I'm coming across aggressive, that's not my intention. I just want to find out if I'm missing something here. How am I supposed to set up a business that focuses on long term two-way agreements and communication on this server?

Edited by Nativi