A few questions from a new player

Nativi

1) If someone calls himself a "business-owner", is this pure RP or is there some sort of employer-employee system set up?

2) What is the reasoning behind not having character slots? Doesn't this kill a lot of the RP fun? It makes it very hard to set-up funny characters/situation ideas without ruining your main characters storyline.

3) How often do server restarts happen?

4) I'm a bit confused about the line between money as a game-mechanic and money as a RP mechanic. For example:

• player A spends a lot of RL time doing jobs to earn money
  • player B spends a short time setting up a RP situation where player A hands over a big chunk of said money
  • player A wants to be a good RPer so plays along, but doesn't want to lose the money he spend a lot of time in getting

Does player B give back the money to player A OOC afterwards? If so, what if B refuses to? If not, doesn't this mechanic work against realistic RPing?

5) If someone f.e. RPs selling a car to another player and a server restart happens. Is the money exchanged back? What if the player refuses?

6) I can't seem to jack cars with my character. Is carjacking never allowed, is this a new player thing or am I just a noob doing it wrong?

Thanks in advance.

1: there are no formal businesses out there yet, however if somebody is already on a location RP'ing as a business owner it's best to go along with it. If they are trying to show up to a location you are already at and claim it's there's... eh call the cops. lol

2: You have an unlimited amount of character slots, with the same money and cars. Just remember what their names and looks are to go back to them, all you need to do is change ID at city hall, and change looks at clothing store. Mainly there are too many people (26k unique players)) to keep track of 3+ slots for each.

3: every 6hrs - 2am - 8am - 2pm - 8pm est  

4: No, if somebody is asking too much for an RP event then you try to negotiate a lower rate or don't pay them and walk away. If you talking about getting robbed while you have a lot of money on you, they don't know how much you have, so you can give any amount to a mugger.

5: No, the car is not permanently sold, its more like a rental till next restart. so price accordingly, so even if i had a $500k car i was going to "sell you" i would charge you Prob $5k

6: Yup you are a noob, can't steal any car IR$L, you need the proper equipment to jack parked cars. Unfortunately the server maturity level can't handle free car stealing (gta style smash and grab) or even cop car stealing they are disabled. Try finding a lock-pick ($500) around the map were such illegal items would be found. wink wink  

• Like 2

• 4 months later...