Vehicle Storage

SaltyBeaR

I am not really sure what Storrend is talking about but if you lock your car and it doesn’t gets lock picked by someone it will be where you left it. But when the server restarts it is back in your garage. So logging off somewhere in the middle of nothing is not recommended when a server restart is coming up before you are back. 

17 minutes ago, G0DR4TH said:

I am not really sure what Storrend is talking about but if you lock your car and it doesn’t gets lock picked by someone it will be where you left it. But when the server restarts it is back in your garage. So logging off somewhere in the middle of nothing is not recommended when a server restart is coming up before you are back. 

First of all, players can't lockpick other player's cars.

Secondly, Storrent is right. Areas of the map despawn if there is no player activity in them, and your car will be "recovered." You can get it at the impound if you look under the "Vehicle Recovery" option. It costs significantly more than the normal impound fees. If your vehicle is out at the time of a restart, it will be automatically placed back in your garage.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, BrandonM said:

Secondly, Storrent is right. Areas of the map despawn if there is no player activity in them, and your car will be "recovered." You can get it at the impound if you look under the "Vehicle Recovery" option. It costs significantly more than the normal impound fees. If your vehicle is out at the time of a restart, it will be automatically placed back in your garage.

Oh well I’m sorry I didn’t knew that. I was on a few servers before that one here. I’m still pretty new here so I didn’t knew that it was different here to the servers I played on so far. 

16 hours ago, SaltyBeaR said:

Hey guys,

i have a question about vehicle storage. Can you park a car on the side of the road with the doors locked and log off and log back in at a later time and your vehicle will be in the same place where you had left it?

What are you trying to accomplish? I would think it would be a safer bet to just store in the garage when you log off, and pull it back out when you log back in. All of your stuff will still be in the trunk.

17 hours ago, BrandonM said:

Good to know, thanks for the info.