Player to has own trucking trailer

So got that idea while talking to a friend about how you can buy a truck IRL and you can rent/buy a trailer and fill it with stock and then deliver it from point A to point B and get money for that. 

So my idea is the following: you can buy a trailer for X amount of money depends on the size (maybe size:price) 50KG/100KG/150KG for filling it with stock. Trucking companies should be remaked to be Trailer supply company (Random supplies; food, jewelry, metals, medicine, FUEL for fuel/gas tank trailer) and the trailers to be purchased from some random place like the boat shop, garage and plane garage. And then there is example of the full idea: You bought a 100KG trailer, you go to Trailer Supplying Company, you get your trailer full with stock and then you gonna deliver random amount of KG to point A, then you go to point B, deliver and u get money depends on how much you deliver. 

(Bad english but tried my best)

• Like 4

Something similar has been discussed before, and I would love to see the trucking job expanded into something like you are suggesting. Delivering actual product to the various places around Badlands, and having actual inventory dependent on the truckers. It would be cool to take it a step further and create supply/demand with changing prices.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MAGPIE said:

Shop's could be player owned, trailers could be loaded with product from wholesaler cost price & the list goes on ?.

Like I suggested back in the days that we could actually load up the truck using forklift :D 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Johan | ynzx_ said:

Like I suggested back in the days that we could actually load up the truck using forklift :D 

If I have to start loading my trailer now with a forklift, how do I make any money? Right now I pay a lot of money to have a truck to then make pretty decent money for the time it takes. If I would have to take 3 times longer now because I had to load the truck with a forklift before I could just go and pick peaches again. 

I'm pro the idea of getting more money for bigger and more expensive trailers you can buy.

Contra for the forklift crap.

I kind of like it the way it is. It makes sense that you own the rig, not the trailer, especially for a freelance trucker. Also, don't quote me on this, but from what I've heard most companies don't allow drivers to assist in loading or offloading their trailers anymore for insurance reasons. They are there to verify the manifest and drive from A to B.

Edited by Gasman

10 hours ago, Johan | ynzx_ said:

It could be another job to be a forklift driver and not necessary for trucking. But oh I forgot, ofc we can’t have nice things because all people do on a RP server is care about the money they make! :D 

The RP doesnt raises because another job gets added. Especially since the loading job then would require that other people do trucking at the moment when they start working. Ofc. People want to make money because they want to have an apartment or nice cars etc. Some people even need money to play their role (Rich people, CEOs, Mafia bosses etc.)

On 5/3/2018 at 6:11 PM, G0DR4TH said:

The RP doesnt raises because another job gets added. Especially since the loading job then would require that other people do trucking at the moment when they start working. Ofc. People want to make money because they want to have an apartment or nice cars etc. Some people even need money to play their role (Rich people, CEOs, Mafia bosses etc.)

55e96533e313adc6287c7041f80256ea.gif