Things that aren't really there.

Merr Khan

So another conundrum has occurred, In the instance of a player being taken hostage, and having items "removed"..... 

Regardless of the level of RP, Every player is expected to put forth some effort into the RP, and to Value their life. So they may be cooperating with kidnappers and not be an accomplice.

When I get taken hostage, on or off duty. 10/10 times my weapon is "Synthetically taken", along with electronics.

Any player who chooses to comply with kidnapper's orders, and who honor's RP, Would NOT Magically pull out the gun that was taken away from them.

I for one, wait till I get to were the guns were left, a gun store, or a cop car/station to re-arm.

Since there is currently no mechanic for players to remove items from another player, there is a conundrum in processing the scene as police.

Example:

If my "illegal" Desert Eagle was "taken" from me by the kidnappers, which (only through proper RP) renders me defenseless for the duration of the RP scenario.

Then how do the cops find said weapon, and charge me with it after the scene is clear?

Am I suppose to pull out my illegal gun, (that i don't have) after the kidnappers leave, and then fight my way out, to avoid charges, in a scenario that I was forced into?

No this makes no scenes.

Same thing with any illegal contraband found on a hostage after the scene was cleared.   

Since the player was taken hostage, and complied with orders. It is reasonable to assume (even if server mechanic don't allow it) that they were not in full "possession" of their own pockets.

Anything including weapons, phone, money, & drugs could have been taken or planted by the kidnappers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not suggesting, as it already has been asked 100 times and told NO 101 times, for players to be able to actually remove items from another player by force. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I would suggest is that /ooc be used and honor'd, when the kidnappers use - /ooc searched and stripped hostage of all items.

The hostage would then have to comply with, /ooc Was searched and stripped of all items - 

If they do this, and then pull out a weapon later, it would be admitted Fail RP.

This way the cops can scroll up and see the message, and react accordingly to the RP on scene.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not suggesting that the cops do not search and do not remove any illegal items from the hostage 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm simple saying when they do search the hostage, & If the hostage complied with All orders & was "searched and stripped" in /ooc by the kidnappers. 

Then the cops would remove the illegal items like they were never there, because they aren't there in RP.

Furthermore, if the Kidnappers are caught, then the kidnappers would get charged with the possession of those items, since they "took" the items after all.

In this sense the illegal items are still being removed from game play, and someone can still be charged with the possession of them, so there is no circumvention of charges, Or abuse. 

It would help hold the kidnappers accountable for their actions. (IE: Currently if they take my gun, i can't use it, but they aren't held accountable for that crime, theft of a gun).

While also rewarding the Hostage for RP and value to life. (IE: Mechanically, I still have a gun, and could pull it out and shoot everyone, however the RP say's don't).

That choice to RP correctly and to comply needs to be recognized and rewarded. Not punished. 

If this concept is unacceptable by server rules, or admin opinion, I understand. 

I understand that If I can be charged with it, then I am in possession of it.

Meaning I can pull a gun out of my inventory at anytime, regardless of weather it was taken or not, and use it.

With out it being fail RP? .... Kind of lame, IMO ....

• Like 2

/ooc would be wrong. OOC = out of character (also for those like me who do /muteooc instantly on joining the server, no good). /me or ....using your voice. I have plans code wise to help with this.

As for the part about cop searching, that is something you should bring up with Sr LSPD.

Edited by Serpico
  • Like 1