[Suggestion] Job Experience

Mr. J

This is from my sa:mp days, one of the servers I played on used to have some sort of skill/experience system for some of the jobs, like being able to carry more mats as an arms dealer or something. 

So I was thinking about something similar for Badlands, for example [let's say it's level based and level 5 is max]:

• Trucker Job: a lvl 1 trucker would be the job we have now, as you make more and more deliveries you level up[become more experienced], and with every level you gain you could have a better chance to get the better payed jobs, then when you would reach lvl 5 you would have a greater chance of getting mainly highly paid jobs.
  • Meth/Weed Dealer: Kind of the same principle, but you get a higher chance of selling your product, so a lvl 5 dealer would be able to make a sale to almost anyone.
  • Diving/Hunting: I haven't tried this activities myself, so I can't talk about them yet.
  • Peach/Gold: I can't find a proper way to implement the system to this jobs, help me out!

Now, there are many other ways this could be implemented so I would like to see what do you guys think. 

• Like 5

this is kind of already being done. as your pick Gold or Peaches your carry weight increases to enable you to hold more. 

As per trucking it does come down to your skill. The GPS isn't always the best route to take. 

I do agree with the more delivery locations for trucking. 

17 hours ago, DanielBos said:

this is kind of already being done. as your pick Gold or Peaches your carry weight increases to enable you to hold more. 

As per trucking it does come down to your skill. The GPS isn't always the best route to take. 

I do agree with the more delivery locations for trucking. 

It's not, game mechanics wise, but you can RP it.

Your strength can be increased by going to the gym too, it's not related to job experience, something like getting more ingots per ore would be tho'. 

The GPS lies, and any driver knows that, being it a tucker, taxi driver, delivery boy, mechanic, taxi driver, etc.. so you cant really say that that makes you an experienced trucker, more like an experienced driver, but again of course you could RP and say that's what make a great trucker and whatnot. 

The system I'm proposing it's more like a registry that adds up your deliveries, and the more you have the more experienced you become, therefore the more money you would get, it has nothing to do with delivery locations, it's more about the type of trailer you would get to carry, or the chance of getting a better paid trailer.

6 hours ago, Mr. J said:

Your strength can be increased by going to the gym too, it's not related to job experience, something like getting more ingots per ore would be tho'. 

You can gain aptitude by gathering as Daniel has pointed out you don't have to hit the gym, yes the gym does it quicker for you and cost but you can do it the old fashion way and pick peaches, gold etc etc

16 hours ago, Thorgs said:

You can gain aptitude by gathering as Daniel has pointed out you don't have to hit the gym, yes the gym does it quicker for you and cost but you can do it the old fashion way and pick peaches, gold etc etc

I know, got my first level 6 through peach farming.