Store Robberies Thoughts/Ideas (NOT related to Money)

vDrop

Quick thought, and was curious what others thought about it. 

1 - Remove the ability to cancel. Once you commit, your in it. I haven't successfully started a robbery and only attempted once, so I don't remember if there is a "Are you sure you want to do this?" that pops up, but that's your chance to change your mind. The one time I remember I attempted a robbery, it wouldn't let me due  it, because no police being on duty or not enough (I assumed none were on). Which brings me to my next suggestion.

2 - Remove No Police / No Robbery - Why? In reality, we have enough officers where we should possibly always have one available, but in instances when we don't, its essentially saying, Hey there's no cops available, why not go do some drug activities, because no cops are available. Also, if there is no officer available, that's kinda on the department at that point in my eyes. My only attempt to counter this, because I already know its going to be said; "Store Robberies is to create RP", I get that, but if you successfully are robbing a store and no police are available; kudos to you. This way, and i understand you don't want folks going back to back robberies, but this can be an argument to avoid increasing payout or to avoid back to back robberies,  put a "time restriction" on that said person.

3 - Group Robberies / Assignments - This may be a little more in depth, but its just a random thought that came to mind. I say this all the time, I know nothing about how the coding works, so I have no idea if this is even possible. So the idea is a group of 3 / 4 can do a joint robbery and the payout is automatically split between whom was actively robbing the store. (Nevermind lol) I was in the middle of typing this idea, and then I realized it may be completely pointless, ignore it, I put a strike through it. That may be a thought down the road, but I need to think more about it. 

3 - Police Investigation Feature - While police are on scene, after the robbery has been completed and the store has been cleared. Maybe a feature where the police officer can investigate the safe to determine how much cash has been taken? and as a side note, if possible (SOME) locations have CCTV cameras that can be reviewed? 

Note: I did not create this thread on the basis of payouts. That's a separate argument that's been brought up on other threads, please use those threads, with love of course. I also reviewed a few other threads , (Not all). So I do apologize if anyone has brought any of these up, and if so, please link so I can join that conversation. 

Just my thoughts. 

Thank You,
Sully

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bob Johnson said:

#2 has to be there because otherwise, once players realized there were no cops, everyone would just spam the shit out of robbing stores to make the $5k over and over.

20 hours ago, Drop said:

put a "time restriction" on that said person.

That way it cannot be spammed by one person. Very curious what others feel about the ideas. Even for you Bob, what did you think about the other possible ideas? 

• 1 month later...

Why does #2 have to be in place? If no cops are on and you sit in Little Seoul for an hour you would probably get a total of 15k to 20k which is nothing. There are people out there that want to RP robbers/thieves, and as much as we may not like these individuals, why should we tell them they can't RP the character they want unless cops are on? Drugs, GTA, Assault, Murder, etc are all crimes that can be done without cops on duty.

As far as the CD on the robbery goes personally I'd like to see it changed into a new system. This system would consist of each store having 2 options to rob A) the cash register B) the safe. The cash register would be more your 60-90 sec low payout option and the safe would be your 5-10 min higher payout option. Current system forces every robber into holding up in the back office with a hostage and negotiating or making up some excuse about fixing the water pipe in the bathroom (some of these get stupid). Just looking for more variation for both the police force and the criminal side of things.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, r3v0Lt55 said:

Why does #2 have to be in place? If no cops are on and you sit in Little Seoul for an hour you would probably get a total of 15k to 20k which is nothing. There are people out there that want to RP robbers/thieves, and as much as we may not like these individuals, why should we tell them they can't RP the character they want unless cops are on? Drugs, GTA, Assault, Murder, etc are all crimes that can be done without cops on duty.

As far as the CD on the robbery goes personally I'd like to see it changed into a new system. This system would consist of each store having 2 options to rob A) the cash register B) the safe. The cash register would be more your 60-90 sec low payout option and the safe would be your 5-10 min higher payout option. Current system forces every robber into holding up in the back office with a hostage and negotiating or making up some excuse about fixing the water pipe in the bathroom (some of these get stupid). Just looking for more variation for both the police force and the criminal side of things.

I really like the cash register idea.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kvatch said:

I honestly believe that for the risk involved, there isn't enough reward for robbing a store. It should be substantionally raised imo - bigger risk, bigger reward.

Appreciate your response, but keep in mind, this is not regarding the $$$ during the robbery. There's already too many discussions going on about that. This thread is just about expanding the Robbery features. As a cop, I wish there was a bigger reward so more robberies took place. As a criminal, I don't do it for the money. Its for the RP interaction between police and civ. But lets please avoid that topic. ❤️

Edited by Drop
Heart, lol
  • Like 1