What Twitter should be

ValkyrieBlu

So, more often than not, I will see what people dub 'twitter war's break out. And more often than not, it is taken as something ooc. Can we like, not, maybe? kthanksbye. The use of Twitter is a way of communicating across the city as characters and throwing shade, having 'wars', and bitching is a way of fueling an RP situation. It should not be taken as slights against the people behind the characters. Twitter *should* be *all* RP, weather it be asking someone for a tow or someone asking to meet up, or someone freaking out about something that happened in role play. Characters are allowed to have enemies, and they should be able to react like a person would and lash out over Twitter. Not all characters are going to get along and thats okay, and not all RP can happen with the affected characters in the same place all at once. Maybe a physical confrontation would end in violence and people are trying to avoid that. I dont know!! I dont know your situation! All I can say is ***/TWEET IS NOT /OOC!!!!!*** If you are /tweet-ing I expect you to be in character. I can only hope that people have the same mindset in RP that I do, but I know that isn't a realistic expectation. There really should be no need to explain any of this but sometimes it needs to be said. A character's decision should not be the player's real feelings, and if it is, then you should be excusing yourself from role playing with that person. I hope we can one day be a server that congratulates each other on role play well done, no matter if its pleasant or hostile in game. 

ALSO!!!! As a side note. Can we *stop* with the whole ''I'm so sick of drama''. Very rarely is it said in role play as a character's true feelings. More often its very obviously said ooc. This is a role play server... If you dont want drama, go play GTA Online or better yet, Club Penguin. People on this server are often times looking to *create* drama for the sake of role play. Do we really all have fun when no one is mad at each other? Do we all enjoy standing at Legion staring at each other, calling each other beautiful and riding ponies off into the sunset? Drama is what fuels role play! Drama *IS* role play!! Is that not what we are all here for? Something that is amazing about role play is getting to experience situations that would probably normally be super stressful and annoying, but the fact that we can separate our feelings and go to each other ooc and laugh about it, *have fun with it*.... If you're taking every little thing against your character as against yourself, where are you having fun? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

/Tweet & /OOC is grossly overused and abused. 

What bugs me is when /tweet is used like a private messaging system, with constant back and forth messages.  

/tweet should be "Sparingly" used to advertise a businesses, or event. To meet up with a friend, or group... ext

But then meet up and carry on your conversation through Voip or text message from your phone. 

Not everyone in the city wants to read your dirty laundry.  

• Like 4

You are roleplaying a character. Not mirroring yourself in videogame. More different character more difficult to accidentally mirror yourself and thus be affected by all the in character drama and insults. Being offended by incharacter drama or insults outside your character is something every roleplay community experience. So you cant make it go away but what you can do yourself is that if you have experience with player who does get offended by incharacter drama or insults. You dont push all that on him or her. Be mild as you can possibly can incharacter. Or if possible and better solution is to talk with person OOC and seek compromize and agreement. Personally I love drama and my favorite character in Warcraft was absolute bitch that insulted everyone and considered them to be inferior to her. It almost cost me dear friend who had already shitty real life and here I am absolutley destroying his character ingame with insults and being demeaning. I didnt know that and he stopped coming to events. So one day I talked to him and found out how my actions made him absolutley devastated. I felt like shit and adjusted my character a bit towards his, so that at my character "tolarate" him and find him useful ... for now. It worked and we all had fun roleplay for many years in Warcraft until Blizzard made game worse. So as much as I do agree that it is just a roleplay, dont take it seriosully. There are people who do soak negative incharacter interations into themselves in real life and often they do not do it intentionally. It can be their real life experiences or any other factors. What I do incase someone does not want drama? I respect their wishes. I love it myself but dont want to force it upon anyone against their wishes. Its just easier (and less arguing) to do it yourself than try change other persons mindset.

Aaaaand agree 100% on Twitter remark.

Edited by Victor

7 hours ago, Merr Khan said:

/Tweet & /OOC is grossly overused and abused. 

What bugs me is when /tweet is used like a private messaging system, with constant back and forth messages.  

/tweet should be "Sparingly" used to advertise a businesses, or event. To meet up with a friend, or group... ext

But then meet up and carry on your conversation through Voip or text message from your phone. 

Not everyone in the city wants to read your dirty laundry.  

What people use twitter for is their choice, and its hard to police that. It would be the same as trying to control what people say and do in actual Twitter. Sometimes airing dirty laundry can pull people in that wouldn't have otherwise been part of the role play. Is it nice to listen to or read? Maybe not. Sometimes what people are looking for is a public confrontation but there are people out there that would start throwing punches and get in the middle of things if they were done at Legion for example.

The point is that I want to convey is that whatever is said in Twitter should be in character no matter what it is. 

• Like 2

I love the OOC chat, especially when 2 people who obviously dislike each other start an OOC cat fight for 10 mins airing out their issues with each other... it really gets me focused on the RP at hand.   

... oh by the way, that was sarcasm