New Money System

fearce

After having a chat with a few different officers today we talked about when people that you catch dealing drugs could have 40000K cash on them and have 20 joints and the most you could be able to do would be confiscate the joints and give them a fine of 6.5k leaving them with the rest of the money. This could be the same  with meth or robberies too.

MY SUGGESTION:

So when patting someone down after catching them doing drugs or robbering a store (something illegal). There would be two sort of difference currencies. One would be the clean cash that they have on them and the other one would be the dirty cash that they have on them. The clean cash you could leave on them as it is just normal- money but the dirty youd be able to seize it off them. For Example, the same scenario as above you would pat someone down that had 40000$ on them. Lets say 11000$ came back as clean money that they have on them and the other 29000$ came back as dirty money.  When selling drugs the money has a higher chance to come back as dirty but could occasionally come back as clean money so they would keep it. What you could do now would be able to seize that dirty money of the persons inventory leaving them with the clean money only. If they did get away with the drug dealing they would have to go and clean the money, im not gonna give an example of what they could do put maybe open up something in Paleto so its actually used for something. Along with this I would increase the cost that they would get from drugs by a small but noticeable  amount as the risk of them selling is much greater now so they should be getting a bit more money from it!

This is just my suggestion, I understand there might be a few flaws and things wrong with it but this is just an idea!

Would be a great idea, there's like a 65% chance (Random number) that when ur selling drugs that the local gives you dirty money. And that money can be placed under "Illegal" option when taking illegal items of them when searching them. Would also need to include a wash facility for them to clean there cash which should be the longest process in my opinion.

I've had cops take my money when I had like 2 joints left on me.. Without proof it was dirty (and once it wasn't at all).

Though clean/dirty money could be an interesting concept.. Problem is really how does someone know this? Can you tell which 20 I got from selling a bag or working inRL?

Edited by BlackMagic0

@BlackMagic0 Well what id think it'd be like is that the dirty money would only come through from illegal things, meth, robbery or weed. This money is illegal and even if at the time you werent selling weed or meth and you got a pat down and got caught with lets say 5k dirty money, the money would still be seized as it only comes from something illegal. They way police would know is it would state it when you are patting someone down and check their inventory. And what do you mean by the "20"? Like 20 joints or 20k?

19 minutes ago, fearce said:

@BlackMagic0 Well what id think it'd be like is that the dirty money would only come through from illegal things, meth, robbery or weed. This money is illegal and even if at the time you werent selling weed or meth and you got a pat down and got caught with lets say 5k dirty money, the money would still be seized as it only comes from something illegal. They way police would know is it would state it when you are patting someone down and check their inventory. And what do you mean by the "20"? Like 20 joints or 20k?

Soo.. Two completely separate currencies? Would I be able to still say.. buy a car with dirty money? Would I need to launder it first?
Just some things that I have questioning in my mind.  I am not against the idea at all. Just trying to think of all the loose ends and tid bits.

Oh I mean say I sell a bag for 100 dollars. How do you know that 100 dollars is dirty? Realistically. Not just code.

Just trying to get both sides of the coin out is all on the idea. XD

Edited by BlackMagic0

4 minutes ago, Thorgs said:

It dont work that way right now. You were fined the ticket money comes from your bank not from on your person.....

I am pretty sure I literally had my money confiscated from me before. Though I don't really have proof. I swear he even said he was taking it because it was drug money.
It's been a while since that scene though. Soo I could be wrong and he just fined me a SHIT ton of money.

Edited by BlackMagic0

7 minutes ago, BlackMagic0 said:

Oh I mean say I sell a bag for 100 dollars. How do you know that 100 dollars is dirty? Realistically.

Cause if your caught when the Police search you it will show dirty money currency and clean currency and im sure it shows on the Menu(wallet) as well as it did in the past when bank robberies were being tested

Edited by Thorgs

3 minutes ago, Thorgs said:

Cause if your caught when the Police search you it will show dirty money currency and clean currency and im sure it shows on the Menu as well as it did in the past when bank robberies were being tested

Well then I hope there is a way to launder your money into clean money. If a double currency system is added.
Though I could see this being a decent addition. Dirty/clean.  Also would give criminals more RP if they had to launder it.. But would make drugs even worse.

Would you need separate bank accounts for this system? Would it still be dirty once you take it out the bank? No dirty money in bank?
Just some thoughts I got for the system.. Trying to help. :D

Edited by BlackMagic0

Just now, Thorgs said:

Thats what business will be for to clean your dirt money just have to wait till its implemented 

Ah.. Is that actually on the horizon? Makes sense. Would be rough till businesses come out but I assume this system would come out alongside it since they're entangled.
Expensive laundry mat.

Just now, BlackMagic0 said:

Ah.. Is that actually on the horizon? Makes sense. Would be rough till businesses come out but I assume this system would come out alongside it since they're entangled.
Expensive laundry mat.

Yes, Dirty money won't be a thing till it all comes out together but it is being worked on in development right now just takes time

Just now, Thorgs said:

Yes, Dirty money won't be a thing till it all comes out together but it is being worked on in development right now just takes time

Good to know! Why I was just playing devil's advocate. Trying to get out ideas and assist with possible problems.

Would the dirty money still be in your wallet? Or considered an item so I could hide it???

@BlackMagic0 @Thorgs Thats why after thinking it through the dirty money could be used to buy illegal cars, weapons, vest for civs things like that they wouldnt normally get. With the addition of businesses the dirty money could be stored in your house for safe keeping or travel up to paleto (as its not used very much for anything) to launder it into clean. At one point you blackmagic0 said that it would make drugs even worse thats why I said in my idea to increase the payout you get from drugs by a small amount or maybe a decent amount to give that extra push to go ahead and do it. Dirty money would have a use too like I said you could buy things that normally you wouldnt have access to as a normal civ... maybe some new weapons or some sort of kevlar to use for robberies or anything along those lines. There could be alot of possibilities with the use of dirty money but I havent put that much thought into it, my main focus was to get it in the eyes of some higher ups so that they could hopefully implement it in the future :)