F6 menu showing cops and ems online

CoopSpencer

I was thinking that maybe it's possible to add in the players online menu when you press f6 that it shows ems and police that are on duty. Maybe add red for ems on duty and add dark blue for police. This way we won't get like 10 people asking if ems or police are online. I don't know if this will interfere with a rule or something. But it would cut back on how many people ask if ems or police are online. 

There really shouldn't be a way to go "oh there are no cops on lets go terrorize the city". People shouldn't be using /ooc chat asking about cops or EMS. They can call 911 if they need assistance and take it from there. Asking in /ooc falls into the meta category loosely. Please direct people to use 911 for now. I MAY consider an option for saying whether there are any EMS on or not so people could at least know whether its worth waiting an extended time for a revive. But Ill have to think on it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In mu opinion ems and cops (especially cops) should be morelikely invisible from the player list. Because when you get to know who is a cop then you can just check if there's no cops online and have a peaceful mind selling that meth or weed. What if you guys make some limit for the /ooc chat usage like you did for /tweet just to calm the ooc chat down. I don't even mind if there wasn't ooc chat at all.

2 minutes ago, yNzx_ said:

In mu opinion ems and cops (especially cops) should be morelikely invisible from the player list. Because when you get to know who is a cop then you can just check if there's no cops online and have a peaceful mind selling that meth or weed. What if you guys make some limit for the /ooc chat usage like you did for /tweet just to calm the ooc chat down. I don't even mind if there wasn't ooc chat at all.

With no /ooc it can be frustrating for a new player who may have questions. How do they learn the mechanics of the game? Yes we have discord and forums but /ooc is a very accessible and convenient way for a new player to get help. I treat /ooc as a help channel and we will do some changes down the road to help curb the behavior but for now I request that our core community help inform and educate the "are there any cops on" people. I have seen so many members be helpful and welcoming to our new players. It is a great staple of building a positive and enjoyable community, it's exactly what I hoped for and I appreciate each and everyone of you who have contributed in that aspect.