Illegal Vehicles

dK_

Im going to start this by apologizing if this has been suggested before, i tried a search on it and couldn't find anything in 3 or 4 pages. The addition of the hotring had me thinking, the speed of it doesn't match its look at all. I know this has a been an issue with another vehicle aswell IE the drift tampa, and as opposed to just saying the speed of these cars doesn't match the look or purpose of specific built race cars as i know that has been brought up before. Here's what i was thinking as long as a speed bump which has been suggested before i believe the could have a price bump aswell and maybe some sort of system where said vehicles would not be technically "street legal" and it would be a ticketable offense the be caught driving them around aswell as a cause to have them towed/impounded and searched. Going with the same them as them being race cars they should have the same fuel consumption rate as super cars or bikes. Some examples of cars that could be included would be the hotring, drift tampa, jester (racecar) and possibly the sultan RS.

• Like 1

My Sultan RS. which is surper car by the way. Does not look like race car at all. How would you determine then which modification is and isnt street legal? People drive off-roaders that look like tanks in middle of streets and suddenly you want popo to take my sultan? Hell no! :)

38 minutes ago, Victor said:

My Sultan RS. which is surper car by the way. Does not look like race car at all. How would you determine then which modification is and isnt street legal? People drive off-roaders that look like tanks in middle of streets and suddenly you want popo to take my sultan? Hell no! :)

I think you missed the word "possibly" there.

• Like 2

Super good idea as we discussed. 

"How would you determine then which modification is and isnt street legal?"
I don't think he is talking about modifications, but car models. But that brings another idea, what about cars that you can delete totally the plate, being illegal? Something that would fall under "non street legal" tickets.. Possible impounding. Some of those cars/bikes don't even have head lights or tail lights (IE the Hotring) too which accentuate the "race car" type. 

I am 50/50 on this idea. 

I see the usefulness of it and the potential for more interactions with PD and civs. For those that don't abuse it. 

However...

If you want to remove a car from being street legal why even have it at all as I see tons of people using that car as the cop bait car to initiate pursuits. Which we def don't need. As who is gonna pull over to roleplay a traffic stop if they already know they're boned with an illegal car? 

Edited by KotaJon91