Store rentals - Ability to empty inventory - Open symbol when shop is rented

Merr Khan

Just a thought, and maybe you already can and i'm missing it. It would be nice to be able to remove items from the inventory of a store as the owner. Especially before a storm or if you are leaving for the night, instead of leaving all the items, potentially equaling 1000's of $ in lost inventory.  

If this idea is possible then this would be nice too. 

The ability to list items that the shop will buy, So when you walk into a store, you would get a "Buy / Sell" prompt first. So if I own the store and I want to buy grapes I can list them in the buying list "grapes" for X amount each. With this ability you would also need to be able to put some starting money in the safe as well. 

A problem I can see occurring here is player's listing the same items for selling and buying, making washing easier.... Possible solution - make it so items on the selling list can't be listed on the buying list and vice versa, one or the other. So I can sell repair kits - but not buy them at the same time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last topic, It would be nice if the rent-able stores changed color on the map when they are currently rented? Red for un-occupied - yellow/green for open? It is very difficult to find an open store, and it seems like 90% of the time players are just going to green ones cause it saves time Vs. trying to find an open store.

Advertising is great, and up to the owner. but lets be honest, it can easily get lost in tweet/ooc spam.

Last point to this is the spending lots of unnecessary time going from one store to the next to try and rent them, I feel as though a clear sign of a store already being rented out should be shown as well.

These are my suggestions to try to help maintain the popularity of the store ownership job. I hope this helps, Any and all feedback welcome.     

• Like 6

Not been using much the shops so I can't pronounce me on the first part but for the second one, the same @Victor said:

Please, yes, Different icon for stores that are rented. And could be the same for car fixing places that are been used by mechanics.  Really think that stores and  mechanics  need a better way of displaying they are alive on the server instead of having to go around checking every time.

For the tow/car mechanic the tow truck could be the thing that keeps them on duty or kicks them out. Make it just like the taxi missions, if you get out of the tow truck you are still clocked in but if you get too far, then you get out of the job. That would still allow people to park the tow truck on the garage they are working and stay clocked in. And a circle on the back of each repair shop could be there to mark the store as active, and change the icon on the map, that could be used only for those with the mechanic tag. If one of the events for clocking off a mechanic is check if he has any active store, then that could deactivate the store if the mechanic gets off duty automatically. Similar  way as PD looses guns and uniform.  (I know they are tow/mechanics topics open but they aren't active anymore, that's why I posted this in this one)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...