Contracts

Victor

Hello,

Contracts is an idea how to increase player player interraction and economy in badlands without adding actual legal or illegal job. Contracts in it self are valuable in businesses and could provide employment for people or create business opportunities. Here is few examples I have in my mind;

Contract: Simplest form of paper that you can use to exchange ingame goods. For example you create contract of 200 cement for 20.000$. Person who sees the contract and likes the price will then accept it and money from his bank account is transfered to contract creator. On the contract, creator can leave message how to contact him/her or where, when to meet to finialize the deal. Contracts could be set visible to all, or spesific people only (their social ID). Once contract has been created, the goods that you put on contract are removed from contract creator and moved into "storage" and after contract has been paid, buyer can pick his goods at Postal Office in central LS.

Continual contract; Now imagine contracts that you can use hire personel for you. Once contract is created you agree to pay for example 1000$ per day to someone who could guard your store or be store clerk for you, or grape picker, body guard, driver, you name it. Contract creator can make so that contract with said people could last from single day to three days or up to a week and if person who took contract did not do his job properly. Owner can terminate contract. After time expires, contract creator can renew contrct. Needless to say this would ease up for business people to hire personel and manage them and allow people create jobs and tasks for people who seek job opportinities beyond brewing wine.

Vehicle rent/sell contract: Many of us have multiple cars and some have whole horde of em. Why not create contract where you rent your car to someone who then can drive around as it is his own (excluding license plate). Lets say for example owner set contract to rent Sultan RS for 3 days for 20.000$. Person then accepts contract and he can pull out contract owners Sultan RS from the garage. Car cannot be modified or sold and if used in illigal activities and results in vehicle inpound then person who took contract loses the car. Another variation is where person wish to sell his/her car, it is modified and has all the tuning. So person creates contract to sell Sultan RS for 1.000.000$. Whoever accepts contract and has money in bank will able to buy it with complete ownership of the vehicle and creator loses the car.

Vehicle contracting could be expanded into illegal activities like renting or selling stolen local vehicles. When person lockpicks local vehicle it is his, but he could "tag" his stolen vehicle for contracting, this whoever accepts the contract will have ownership of that vehicle until storm reset. This creates opportinities for police. Not only they can check license plate if person has done something illegal with vehicle or even track down car dealership who is doing that kind of shady business.

For contracts there could be section on forums where people can post their contracts for people to see, but ideally I would like to see somekind of ingame exchange market where you go over to computer in apartment, business or coffee shop and can look at people contracts.

• Like 4

My concern with these contracts is that you are removing the RP of meeting with people, negotiating, making the exchange, remove risk if theft/backstab. I feel that any "contract" for goods is a perfect opportunity to advertise your business/needs. At this point, you will be interacting directly with other players, build trust, new stories. How you interact with these people will determine how successful you are. I also know that when speed planned out businesses he was focused increase direct player interactions.

As for the vehicle contract renting, there may be a possibility, but there are exploits that would need to be resolved. But it is an interesting idea.