Repairing at Garages.

r3v0Lt55

Wanted to make a suggestion that LSPD and LSFD could no longer fully repair their vehicles at hospital or police station garages. It is quite sad when members of these whitelisted factions fully repair there vehicles at these garages instead of going to repair shops that are advertising over twitter. Yes these factions have jobs to do but shouldn't their number 1 job be fostering the RP and experience of the community? #SupportOurMechanics

• Like 5

this is what FD and PD should be doing but removing an option?

As of recent I was charged $1000 to get my PD car repaid. also other times you can stand there for 5 min waiting for someone to repair your car.

I understand what your trying to get at but I dont think removing the repair feature is the answer. its more of a mindset thing.

• Like 3

I am more for removing repair from hospitals and PD. But I would still keep option for PD and EMS to repair their own vehicles at the mechanic shops if there are no mechanics in city. I am not big fan of seeing PD squad cars around Central Hospital garage getting repaired.

• Like 2

I always do my best on duty to use any advertised mechanic, always pushing for more RP conversations and interactions. Removing the option fully I'm not 100% sure is the best move. As Daniel said, it's a mindset. EMS and PD are the forefront of developing better RP in the community. Guiding and interacting with other members and civ's. I'm always open to tweaks and changes, aslong as they support the development of RP.

People should RP well and use the option that fits the best. Taking away options is limiting those that play properly to enforce those that don't. It's a recurrent issue with almost everything. So let me explain it towards this point.

If you are patrolling and need a repair then repair shops is the place to go. If you stop at PD, your car is not mint condition and you have to go out on patrol or park the car because you are leaving for the day, it would make sense that there are care takers that would fix or carry your car to get it fixed.

The amount of fixing needed by PD is way higher than EMS and average citizens. As I might have to step out of my car to run a few blocks and then come out to find it smashed by NPCs, lovely citizens or simply bugged damage that I can't even explain. EMS tend to do not be out of sight of their vehicles so they get less damage, yet, they as PD suffer from locals freaking out and crashing into our vehicles for no apparent reason from time to time and more with the lights on.  Given that and the fact that PD and EMS should set the example by having their vehicles in the best shape as possible, makes it fair to have more repair places, imho.

That been said in a perfect GTA without crazy driving locals or glitches, wouldn't be so harsh to just have the mechanics. Tho main issue still around is to find them, as PD, EMS or Civ... most of the times is hard to find a mechanic either because they don't advertise or because they leave the store by the time you need them. So forcing PD and EMS to less locations would just be more hassle for them than boost in RP. I simply agree, people should try to use mechanics if available but not enforced to do so.

And last one, if this idea happens then no citizen should be pulling out their cars from hospitals or from PD. Each faction car spawn should be limited to that  faction. Since for the sake of RP, PD is not a public parking lot, or the emergency entry of a hospital.

• Like 2

I think the "100% lets remove" are looking at this wrong.

Correct, white listed should be fostering the RP, but removing the feature entirely will turn into a inconvenience more than anything. If we want to go into detail.

◘ Police shouldn't repair at EMS garages
◘ EMS shouldn't repair at Police Garages (Never seen one do it, but just tossed it in)
◘ Police / EMS should go to an Open Mechanic, ONLY when one is open & available, keep it mind. That'll be difficult if someone is clocked in as a tow (mechanic), but isn't advertising, or actually playing a mechanic or for the fact some tow drivers are only towing, or simply clocked in to take advantage of free repairs for themselves, or there friends whom they don't charge......
◘ Police & EMS shouldn't use Civilian Garages (Ever)
◘ Civilians shouldn't use Police or EMS Garages (Ever)

Do all of these really need to be coded, or could it simply be more suggestive for the sake of RP? I know plenty of officers that use the mechanic shops, but I don't see the problem of not using the mechanics to be great enough to force code it to prevent Police or EMS garages from ever being used.

I would 100% agree with @Tomas García

Edited by Drop
Correct Open Garage, to Open Mechanic
  • Like 5