Economy progression (passive income!?)

Bubba

I have been thinking about that you kinda never experience a progression economically in the city, the only thing that gets close to it is currently the business but still dosnt make that big of a difference owning one for what it is right now, so i think it could be cool and rewarding to have something to invest in that could improve youre paycheck a bit (with a limit to avoid abuse), like real estate you can rent out or a business that you dont have to care about and invest time in after investment, so you get that feeling that you are improving and getting bigger compared to when you joined the city, the more time you spend and work in the city to invest, and it would give people that feeling that when RPinng they are still making money so they dont have to go scubadiving all day and not RPing instead. thoughts?

Edited by Bubba

I considered this awhile back of making a suggestion of it. I don't know, as of right now, how to implement something like this but I do feel it would be worth looking into for those individuals who put time and effort into Badlands and may not wish to do all the heavy grinding or risk/gain jobs.

Just one approach, perhaps, would be some way to implement a "pay raise" over time in the city? Right now the base pay is $200. Perhaps if a person has logged 100 hours in the city (regardless of Server 1 / Server 2), they get a raise. 250 hours. 500 hours. 1000 hours. You could also increment the raises over length of time in the community as well. One month. Three months. Six months. One year. Combined they could give a member a potential base pay of say $1,000 or even $1,200 at a cap. This would obviously require investment both as a community member and time spent in the city. It would not come easily and it would not be achieved "over night", so to speak. However it would gradually show progress to those who do stay here and become involved. Values can be adjusted obviously, this is just an example.

1 hour ago, Oscar Deage said:

I dont think people should be rewarded for being slackers

I can't speak for Bubba's option but as for my post, there's nothing slacking about it. People can choose to play on any FiveM server they wish. My suggestion comes with the understanding that individuals choose to put their time and effort into Badlands and, as such over time, their loyalty and activity is rewarded.

I still think jobs would be relevant, even if someone capped their base salary, for example, at $1,200 due to theoretical loyalty rewards. (Say, just for this example, it's a bonus $500 for having 1,000+ hours in the servers and another bonus $500 for having over one (1) year of being an active member of the community). That's not rewarding a slacker. That's rewarding someone loyal to this community and, even such, $1,200 isn't going to break the economy or offer them everything the server has to offer. They will still need to work jobs / be involved if they wish to purchase anything that has a 6+ digit price tag. All the increased (and earned, mind you) base pay would do is give reward and recognition to their loyalty to this community.

im not talking about a huge difference, but a bit so you get the feeling of progression economically, say a bunch of business gets on the market, the ones around the city(restaurantys, shops...) there wouldnt be anything you could do with them apart from investing say 500k for instance to buy the property. Then each would give you 50 usd on every paycheck with maybe a max of 6 small business wich would be 500 usd on the paycheck instead of the regular 200. That would have cost you 3M in investment.

• Like 1

@Bubba I do like the idea, but I feel it shouldn't be an AFK thing, think they should require at least a bit of maintenance, something similar to the coca leaf supplier texting you, saying we need supplies and if it doesn't receive said supplies then the business would temporarily shut down. 

Edited by Oscar Deage
  • Like 1

Instead of an increased salary, why not make the bank payout interest on money you have in the bank, That way it can help those players that are grinding/ committing to RP on the server. And not anything great, like $1 per in-game day to ever $100 in the bank, so if you are smart with your money you can make some off interest to help you get to that dream car or business that you want.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oscar Wilde said:

thats a bit ridiculous in my opinion, if someone were to have $1m in the bank, they would be earning 10k every 48 minutes which is way to much for passive income. I would say $1 every 500 bucks, honestly. 

I did not do any math I just wanted to add an option to the pot here, I would not car if it was $1 to $1/5K in the bank,