Text messages

Warthog

My apologies ahead of time as I'm not sure where this Q should be asked so I just chose general. For the last  3 or 4 days or so my text messages have stopped working and/or are so delayed they become pointless (hours if not more). Anyone else going through this and is there a fix? I'm praying on your end cause I'm not exactly a pro at anything pc related lol. Thank you and if I need to move this please let me know and I'll do so.

Ok this is getting annoying now. I have no ability to text to friends so basically once we get to far to hear each other talk then there is zero communication. Here's the other problem, not only do I not know where the FIVEM file is on my pc (the shortcut is on my desktop) but my pc apparently doesn't have a clue either because searches turn up nothing! It's obviously on my pc somewhere. I have deleted all of my texts so the phone is empty, I've rejoined and also waited until after the storm..... several storms and..... nothing. =O(

Do you mean cache.dat? It only let's me open it with word pad and the page is filled with nothing but gibberish. Symbols mostly with the occasional letter spread out but not enough to spell anything. Is this what I'm supposed to clear? It's under my APPDATA, LOCAL, FIVEM, FIVEM.APP, CACHE, GAME.

On 1/31/2019 at 7:28 PM, Warthog said:

Do you mean cache.dat? It only let's me open it with word pad and the page is filled with nothing but gibberish. Symbols mostly with the occasional letter spread out but not enough to spell anything. Is this what I'm supposed to clear? It's under my APPDATA, LOCAL, FIVEM, FIVEM.APP, CACHE, GAME.

You literally said you have the path in this post.  Make sure you replace "<Username>" with your user account name.

https://gyazo.com/6798f944ef07fd21d50614f5ea8435ba

Hi Serena, thank you for responding. I just sent a report a little while ago so we'll  see what happens. Is the game save client side or server side? I'm wondering what would happen if I uninstalled fiveM and then reinstalled it. If the saves are server side then my character and vehicles and money would all be saved right? If client side then I'd have to start completely over? Another thought I had is to create a new character (while keeping my current character) and see if texts work for the new character.

• 3 months later...