I see over and over again people suggesting  jobs like myself and some of them yes are just upgraded versions of what is implemented and reading some of your responses Speed you bring a great point people get bored of them very quickly like the Taxi and just sell it, Has there ever been talk of changing the job wages according to what you do sort of like how you have the police and ems pay with its ranking system. Say like youre unemployed you earn that 200 but if you actually have a job your pay from the government  is slightly increased to give an initiative to the particular job to get people to actually play the said jobs instead of  everyone playing as a criminal all the time 

3 hours ago, Beau Yates said:

Say like youre unemployed you earn that 200 but if you actually have a job your pay from the government  is slightly increased

People already abuse the mechanic job for the free repairs. This would just result in more people sitting around not going the job they're clocked into.

I also want to add that people sitting around doing nothing isn't inherently a bad thing. Badlands isn't a grinding simulator (although some still treat it that way). If everyone was doing a job all the time, there would likely be even less opportunity for RP.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2019 at 6:38 AM, Brendan Thomson said:

I would be more in favour of the $200 being dropped to like $50 and actual payouts for across the board given a slight bump, so people are rewarded more for productivity than just standing around all day. (Not that I think anyone is getting rich off $200)

$50 per paycheck would make it impossible for new people to start in the city and would literally lead things to become a grind simulator. As it stands, the $200 is already a grind for most new people because most peoples first thoughts are to get a drivers license and get a car. With the license being $5,000, a new person would have to collect 25 paychecks alone, which takes over 2 hours to collect off that alone, let alone the paychecks to save for a car on top of that. While I hear what you're suggesting, i don't think it would do well in practice. 

On 2/9/2019 at 8:31 AM, speed said:

People already abuse the mechanic job for the free repairs. This would just result in more people sitting around not going the job they're clocked into.

I also want to add that people sitting around doing nothing isn't inherently a bad thing. Badlands isn't a grinding simulator (although some still treat it that way). If everyone was doing a job all the time, there would likely be even less opportunity for RP.

I think Merr Khan's idea about marking the mechanics would be a great idea to combat the mechanics that don't do their job. However, I also agree wih Beau that the jobs could use some incentive to clock in, maybe just a simple $100 - $200 bump in pay for clocking on would do the trick. A performance system could be implemented that rewards the player based on doing their job, such as receiving an extra $200 for fixing a car or something along those lines for the other jobs.