What is Role Play & How to be a good Role Player ?

Mike Savage

This is my personal opinion.

How to describe this, let me use myself as a example. 

Role Playing depends a lot on your part, are you going to Invest energy and time to create a character or just Role Play from time to time.

Imagination, Creativity, Insight, Passion, Social, Personality etc… Are all means to be a good Role Player.

I personally have not been Role Playing for that long but i truly found what i was looking for a platform to exteriorise myself implementing parts of me into who i am in a server, this is a personal decision and not everyone will want to do so and this is absolutely normal.

Imagine it like this you join a Role Play server and have a book with empty pages, up to you to fill that book in, create your story who you want to portray or become there are no boundaries to one's imagination or passion.

I have had good times and bad times in Role Playing, going from tears to uncontrollable laughter, I have met amazing people, friends and have made enemies to.

Maybe you will be part of my Role Play experience or not, all i can say is enjoy yourself if you decide to give it a try and welcome to this experience that i think will please more than one.

M.Savage

• Like 9

I agree, and for some reason you made a topic on what i've been thinking the past few days. 
I've noticed a lot of people being in it for the money, thats all they want to do, when they can't win, they will just gun you down it seems.
I've been Roleplaying for over 10 Years, and obviously much has changed (Voice based RP) is new to me, and something i still need to get used to, but thats oke.
Use your imagination, be in the server that you wish you could be, or want to be but never can be. 
I feel like everyone just wants to RP being Extremely rich, but fact is, it doesn't work like that.
Obviously when you create a character, your character needs to learn everything, just like a new born baby.
So i fully agree with your statement about the book with empty page's. 

Also, with so many new people and the amazing growing RP Community, there's going to be a lot of good new people comming, but also there's going to be a lot of bad apples, people that just want to ruin it for other, or just don't get it, and will never get it. If you are one of these people, that just can't get into actually RP'ing, please just find something else. I suggest to some players, that GTA Online fits them more, i'm trying to explain and learn people what i've learned over all these years, i'm no ''pro'' but i've seen it all..

Edited by Jax Dahl
  • Like 2

This is a great post.

Saw someone the other day refer to roleplaying as one big SNL skit and it's up to you to write it and perform that improv. It may not always be funny, Sad, and let's be honest sometimes not always enjoyable but that is the beauty about roleplay it's yours and yours only to decide when it comes to your character. So step out of your comfort zone and try new things to meet new people and act how you wouldn't normally act. It may surprise you how much enjoyment you have. 

Badlands was my very first time roleplaying anything... I used to snub it and laugh at roleplayers...Oh, how wrong I was. It's now become an addiction. 

• Like 3

What is role play?

For me it is simply creating an immersive performance for others to watch, join in on, and generally enjoy.

How to be a good role player?

I found that considering other people's immersion and skill level, over my own helps create a situation in where both parties can get a win. 

(Yes... I sand bag my throttle In chases, and potato my shots, when I have to).

In a nutshell, the main thing that changed RP for me was not caring about winning or losing, being rich or poor, you make due with the cards you have.....

Or steal someone else's. 

Edited by Merr Khan
  • Like 4