rule change suggestion

ysauzi

Rule I want changed:

Harassment and repetitive trolling that impacts other players experiences in a negative way can result in corrective action by a staff member. Hate Speech, personal attacks on players and spamming side chat are all unacceptable behaviors. In addition, repeatedly blocking players from accessing content in the game may result in removal from the servers.

What changes to be made:

Harassment and repetitive trolling that impacts other players experiences in a negative way can result in corrective action by a staff member.  Personal attacks on players and spamming side chat are all unacceptable behaviors. In addition, repeatedly blocking players from accessing content in the game may result in removal from the servers.

Why I want hate speech removed:

Because I feel like hate speech / racism is a part of RP and shouldnt be restricted from players on the server.

Edited by ysauzi
  • Like 1

TLDR: I disagree

mhh... I get where you are coming from and in some instances, it would be OK for a little bit of racism/hate speech. Though I think removing the rule would result in way more instances where it is unnecessary and flat-out offensive. Having the rule altered would mean that any hate speech/racism is OK, I for one think that's unacceptable.

(for the record, the 'correct' use of racism is so rare that I can't think of any encounters I have had on this server that would be a suitable situation.) (but I can imagine some instances where it would be 'logical' to be racist, for example, if you are roleplaying as an asshole redneck. It wouldn't surprise me if he or she would be racist to suit the stereotype)