Robbery Announcement Removal

Kota

Not sure if possible but can we remove non-whitelisted players from seeing that "Robbery in (sandy shores)" ect message... I mean people see it and then come hover around it making our jobs that much harder on cops. I feel a silent alarm if tripped should be silent not broadcasted server wide. Would also bring in some interesting scenarios at the yellow jack if someone sneak robs the place while other people inside are just hanging out then have no clue about it since there would be no broadcast of it.  

That's an option. Yet people close by or in voice channels they tend to come even without reading the announcement.   I had some people taking quite good when asked to leave the area, but others they just don't care. From going into the store even there are armed police outside telling them to go away, to even jump around from the roof and so on.

I understand that could be called disturbing behavior and that I should fill a report about it. But I would rather have better tools or charges to use on those guys when arrested. Because "Disobeying order from an officer" is such a small charge, for someone that could be accomplice just trying to distract PD.

I know this post seem to drift of the topic a bit, but what I want to point out, is not the announcements themselves what hurt the most, if people ignoring armed people and just walking right into an ongoing situation. But if that change helps, then it's welcome. Tho at the current time at least we could say "It was posted on the new there was a robbery, why did you came here?".

@Tomas García The way i have been handling those individuals who are either there with a purpose to distract/shoot cops or a innocent bystander. I use my outdoor cop voice to give 1 and only 1 warring that they are impeding an active investigation and if they don't want to be detained they need to vacate the premise immediately. If they say anything other then yes Sir, or do anything other then leave. I detain them move them out of the way and continue with the active investigation. I found that making them sit there in cuffs for the duration of the robbery (could be 5-20 min) makes them think twice about doing it again. 

• Like 4