Gang rule suggestion

I was on board with less rules in 2.0, but as has been made apparent, self regulation is not as common in video game culture as I thought, so rules are a necessity. 

I believe to sustain a positive RP environment, RP economy, with good and fair rivalries among groups/gang/business's, is that the rule of 4 needs to transcribe across the entire board.
Not just hostile action, but in regards to wearing colors, having gang cars out and on display, sharing resources or money, traveling together, sharing keys, or hanging out and loitering in public places, should all be limited to 4 consistence members. 

Seeing a group larger then 4 is an intimidation tactic, even though only 4 members can be hostile by server rules.
Picture seeing a 5+member gang, You got beef and want to roll them...... But you can't, because it would be fail RP for your group of 4 to try to roll a larger group, even if you got 4 in your car, and they can only have 4 be hostile by server rules, this is RP and visual numbers matter.

Its also not fair that the group of 5+ only has to keep an eye on 4 people, yet those same 4 have to keep an eye on everyone.... its too OP in the favor of super groups.  

Having the rule set so that more then 4 players can pool resources, means it is nothing but a popularity contest. 

Very rarely IRL do random people, who just met last week, get together to form a super group, and share hundreds of thousands of dollars with each other.

From what I have seen over the yrs, the economy is always balanced (nerf'ed) to the extreme power gaming level, Meaning if you're not power gaming, min maxing, and meta'ing, you don't make profit.

Soon I fear that whit out change, with out disbanding and resetting all the super group's money, and belongings, that the economy will have to be balanced to the super group level of grinding, and regular people trying to play a role will end up making negative $. 

• Like 2

Looking at other cities that have gang limits have high tension gangs that lead to mass OOC drama that leads to people leaving. Infact there's a wave of people going around right now because this very thing just happened where 7 people max was the limit to a gang, And the gang beef got so extreme and out of hand because each person had to be cut-throat enough to survive and hold there spot in the gang.

Also it would force me and my friends from having any fun in this city, We don't care for cash at all. We spend hours in the city just messing around having fun, singing, falling off things, base jumping or trying to ? and interacting with people. If you prohibited our group from forming with a small number such as 4, We wouldn't be able to do things like some motor-cross:eDzm2X4.jpg

Or running a car wash:

unknown.png

Or hang-over relaxing together in a big body pile :D

unknown.png

Also the way the economy is set up, Is to encourage you to group work or atleast talk to someone to make money. You literally can't do things like deliveries without losing money due to the prices of repairs and gas. Unless your some god tier driver that never has car's not fall on you while going down the highway as seen here:

https://gfycat.com/honoredforcefulcommabutterfly

^Also has sound btw.

All n all, Im against any kind of group limitations outside what is set already. And its not popularity or because we have some streamer, It's we've found people that fit our MO, Have fun.

Also, If you want rivalries, You need to set them up. Not every group wants beef, Not every group wants a rival, Some people just want to do there own thing. And if we have too many groups that get out of hand(Which lately it has been), The city turns into the toxic gun shit show it was a few weeks back. I don't believe anyone wants that to return where we had 40 people sitting at MRPD because there not wanting to get gunned down or accidentally ran over.

If your concerned about groups making too much money, 2 people can together make $108,000 in exactly 100 minutes. (1 hour 40 minutes), You can make 1,000,000 in 15 hours and 24 minutes of work. Now these numbers are skewed as they lack travel times, gathering of supplies and so on, But that's the numbers in a raw and theoretical form, Not in actual practice. On average most people can only manage to make $162,000 in 2 hours 30 minutes. And limiting the economy any further will cripple the city, Literally. The economy seriously needs a buff in a lot of area's such as trucking needs a bump from 105$ a mile to 150$ a mile in my opinion. Repairs and repair kits and the gas ontop of it all is way to expensive to run a truck seriously. Deliveries could all do with an added 10$ minimal to it and so on. Diving is just waaaaaaay to risky to warrant any point to going anywhere near those sharks. You can't swim if you get a leg injury, You just drop. And bleeding is so strong... Potential 10k, high chance to die, not worth the time or risk.

tldr: Don't prohibit people from socializing in groups, It's already prohibitive enough as a legal civilian to do anything, This would restrict random spur of the moment events, fun times for crews who have established themselves in big numbers already and just ruin a lot of good that a lot of us have found in this already prohibitive environment. I already have to pay close attention to faint sirens and my speedometer as an off duty officer, Don't be adding "im only allowed 3 friends" to this list.

• Like 8

WOW what a great discussion

First off I want to say as a newbie I am limited in comparison to the knowledge and experience you both have on FiveM. I do agree with both sides of this topic though. I hope my opinion can help gain a positive outcome.

I do agree with Merr Khan as limiting group size in all aspects of interactions may be necessary. Although at first it may seem difficult to adapt to it could be the foundation good RP needs in order to thrive. If an established gang (or individual) was limited on the amount resources he/she could share (keys to a business/vehicles/items or even money) it might have a positive impact on others. 

for instance a group of more than four would be forced to split the RP among others in the city, rather than pool together for their own enjoyment. wouldn't that mean more interaction with more people? We all need a fall guy in the gang and newbies are good at that.

I do understand that dedicated RP'rs will sometimes take a hit and have to deal with uh-hum "shitters" more often
rather than have a good time with the boys. But they are easy to spot and even easier to deal with, having the right mind set. Everybody has to start somewhere.

Honestly I think the economy is fine. We definitely should not be able to make millions in a day or a month at that. If it requires multiple interactions from a number of resources in a preparation phase which can only be obtained through an elite society that have the know how. Then yeah sure make a million bucks in a few hours of grind. Some solo jobs could use a little buff, this might balance the need to be with a group to make good money.

However I do believe any underlining rule or group limitation will affect those who have established a character in the city and make it harder to stay in that group. As Kevin Ross said other servers put up with toxic RP, ooc conversations and a "cut throat" mentality. That might have a negative reaction for anybody wanting to stay in the city. Not me personally though.

My take on changes to any situations RP or IRL is don't knock it till you try it. Change isn't always good but optimism is. It wont get fixed in a day so patience is a must. Sometimes you have to take one step back to take two steps forward.

I also believe that groups should have the opportunity to band together for big group non hostile RP. This would probably mean a revision of the events rules and standards. Only because the best RP usually is in the moment and not planned out or organized. This would mean you can still have those races and car washes, weddings, parties, skys the limit without being subjected to a group size rule. After all it is a game and we are here to have a good time, more people means more fun. 

On a side note I've had an awesome time in just the few days I have been back. Thanks btw.

Hope to see ya out there.

• Like 4