Tow Truck - Being able to unlock cars/obtain keys. +more

Suggestion: Tow truck employees having a 'jimmy car' or 'unlock car' option when on duty.
Hey, 
So my thoughts behind this suggestion are based on the amount of head pops and or scuffness when it comes to cars in general but also when loading/unloading 'tagged' cars (as it locks them automatically). I've found previously that when you get into a car it seems to help when it comes to loading/unloading and impounding said vehicles. 
It would be a legal way of obtaining gaining control of their car again and would give towing another immersive RP oppurtunity in the city by providing them with their keys again.

Suggestion: Tow truck employees having a similar menu option to police 'Local Impound'
Reason for this one is that fairly often we'll come across a car that just will not submit. We'll tow it all the way to the impound only for the 'no vehicle nearby' to pop up. In these cases we have to park it up and leave it littering the impound lot. Perhaps it's my OC nature but I like a job to be completed regardless of gaining funds for it or not!

Thank you for reading my suggestions! Hopefully get some good comments or follow-up on this one. :D

Edited by Dashfere
  • Like 5

My only issue with this would be people abusing the function to unlock civilian vehicles/impound them.

If these options were blocked by whitelisting i would be all for them but if they are available to anyone who wishes to be a tow truck driver i can see it turning into a lot of people impounding/unlocking other people's cars.

• Like 3

Maybe if the tow truck job had a ranked system like EMS or PD, then higher ranked tows could have access to the suggested features. 

Just because imo, while people will abuse certain mechanics, I don't necessarily think whitelist restrictions are needed unless proven otherwise. 

Edited by Carterjay
Posted too soon

• 2 months later...

The amount of dirty tricks that I have to do just to (maybe) get a car on the bed breaks the immersion of actually towing in the first place.  Being able to unlock only tagged vehicles means that either the owner or PD already approve of the tow and I don't think that needs any other layer of exploit protection. As it stands now, I have to carry lockpicks on me just to do my job ?