About Raids..

DimitriPetranko

Hey guys!

I wanted to start a discussion on the current state illegal location raids. When I stated in this city, there were moles that allowed groups to plan and coordinate counter raids. There was some drugs to be had and obviously the location would remain, however the risk/reward ratio in my opinion was iffy. Ever since that Heroin and chopshop raid where police were wiped and they called in gunships. I haven't heard of raids being announced. I have a sour opinion on that as it seems as if once cops started losing a fair fight, they had to make it secret. I wanted some other opinions on this and to look at it from all angles! Please leave your opinion below!

• Like 2

Now, I'm coming at this from a completely PD perspective as I've never actually attended raid on my crim character, but in the current form I really enjoy how raids work. I've attended a few (mostly losses with the one win from today) but im really curious to see issues from the crim perspective.
The issues PD were encountering with raids was the sheer amount of criminals showing up and how they stacked onto one location, rather than spreading out. Meaning 40+ defending crims against the 15-25 attacking PD units which made some officers not have fun with it which is why I believe raids became a quieter event. 
Even with raids being quieter there was still a good amount of push-back at each one which lead to losses on PD but it was a more even fight. Not everyone could just see the announcement and decide to get involved. 
To add, there is a LOT of backend work that must e completed before a raid is even thought of, and some detectives were getting annoyed that their raids they had worked so hard to coordinate were getting ended instantly due to overwhelming numbers.
Thats when admins helped coordinate one raid to delegate numbers but that had the issue of making the situation feel more like a team-deathmatch event rather than a natural RP scenario.
Today IMO was one of the best raid scenarios ive seen from both PD and crim. Locations were evenly defended and the PD numbers were consistently dwindling which never made it an assured victory. As a note PD officers are NOT ALLOWED to return to the raid once they've been downed (as server rules say) so once you're out, you're out. Which added an uncertainty to who would be the winners of each scenario which made it exciting. Crims not only spread between locations but never bunched up too hard, making PD have to be wary of several angles throughout.

1 hour ago, DimitriPetranko said:

There was some drugs to be had and obviously the location would remain, however the risk/reward ratio in my opinion was iffy.

I can see the issue of incentive to actually be apart of a raid though. The criminals don't really have a reward for winning other than the raid being postponed to a later date, though i dont really know of a way to fix that. I would love to hear suggestions from both sides.

1 hour ago, DimitriPetranko said:

I haven't heard of raids being announced.

I personally support raids being a secretive thing, it only makes sense to me in RP. 

I would love to hear suggestions on how to improve raids from a crim perspective 

Edited by UnknownRNGS
Adding more
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, UnknownRNGS said:

Now, I'm coming at this from a completely PD perspective as I've never actually attended raid on my crim character, but in the current form I really enjoy how raids work. I've attended a few (mostly losses with the one win from today) but im really curious to see issues from the crim perspective.
The issues PD were encountering with raids was the sheer amount of criminals showing up and how they stacked onto one location, rather than spreading out. Meaning 40+ defending crims against the 15-25 attacking PD units which made some officers not have fun with it which is why I believe raids became a quieter event. 
Even with raids being quieter there was still a good amount of push-back at each one which lead to losses on PD but it was a more even fight. Not everyone could just see the announcement and decide to get involved. 
To add, there is a LOT of backend work that must e completed before a raid is even thought of, and some detectives were getting annoyed that their raids they had worked so hard to coordinate were getting ended instantly due to overwhelming numbers.
Thats when admins helped coordinate one raid to delegate numbers but that had the issue of making the situation feel more like a team-deathmatch event rather than a natural RP scenario.
Today IMO was one of the best raid scenarios ive seen from both PD and crim. Locations were evenly defended and the PD numbers were consistently dwindling which never made it an assured victory. As a note PD officers are NOT ALLOWED to return to the raid once they've been downed (as server rules say) so once you're out, you're out. Which added an uncertainty to who would be the winners of each scenario which made it exciting. Crims not only spread between locations but never bunched up too hard, making PD have to be wary of several angles throughout.

I can see the issue of incentive to actually be apart of a raid though. The criminals don't really have a reward for winning other than the raid being postponed to a later date, though i dont really know of a way to fix that. I would love to hear suggestions from both sides.

I personally support raids being a secretive thing, it only makes sense to me in RP. 

I would love to hear suggestions on how to improve raids from a crim perspective 

Love this response, you shed some light on stuff I don’t see on the crim end(never attended a raid on my cop) I think my biggest thought on it is criminals will come with easily 100 grand plus of equipment they are willing to lay down to enjoy the raid and possibly gain an upper hand as to mark 2s just to be bit by a dog, shot by an A-10 or killed by a cop who spent a total of 680 dollars on their equipment. That last one I guess could be applied to really any scenario and sounds whiney when I say it but I think it’s a valid point to be brought up. If police have superior equipment that is pennies to them and can conduct a raid in secrecy, I would understand if criminals were upset that they can’t have numbers etc.

• Like 1

With all that in mind, none of what I said was a suggestion to improve them. Just some issues I see from criminals. I think perhaps announcements could be made very vauge along the line of a raid is coming etc. Not “Raid at PCP processor and x y z” just something to put the idea in the air among the criminal population. Then it would be up to them to figure it out or cover ground. Promoting PD to keep a tight leash on who knows what and add more bonus to good planning. As for the dumping a ton of money into stuff that is still a little unmatchable to a SWAT rifle, perhaps pre raid (even as the pretense to a raid rather than a vauge announcement) there could be some sort of a seized arms shipment or gun based raid and if criminals can win, could keep some reward to use later in said raid. 

these are very out there ideas but I want to hear stuff like that, nothing will ever change if we can’t bounce stuff off one another.

"I have a sour opinion on that as it seems as if once cops started losing a fair fight, they had to make it secret." This isn't true. When cops were at the powerplant the first time, there were 16 cops and 50+ criminals. Tell me how that is fair in the slightest. This raid that happened tonight, a few gangs were told about instead of it being leaked to the whole community, meaning, people had to RP that there was a raid happening. You were there. Some how you found out about it. 

"I think my biggest thought on it is criminals will come with easily 100 grand plus of equipment they are willing to lay down to enjoy the raid and possibly gain an upper hand as to mark 2s just to be bit by a dog, shot by an A-10 or killed by a cop who spent a total of 680 dollars on their equipment." - Let me just point out, that the first PCP location, there were 2 dogs on the criminal side. I got mauled by one about 3 minutes into it, and went down. Meaning I couldn't participate in anything else. Also criminals should go into this KNOWING there is a chance to lose your stuff and go to jail. You put yourself in that position. You chose to do that. Cops get shot at more than any regular criminal, so OF COURSE cops equipment is going to be cheaper. 

"As for the dumping a ton of money into stuff that is still a little unmatchable to a SWAT rifle, perhaps pre raid (even as the pretense to a raid rather than a vauge announcement) there could be some sort of a seized arms shipment or gun based raid and if criminals can win, could keep some reward to use later in said raid." - There are SEVERAL weapons that are matchable with PD weapons. You just have to know how to shoot. Also, past raids, there have been rewards for people succeeding in stopping the raid. 

Edited by MJ High
  • Like 4

I attended the chop shop raid on the docks as a criminal and actually really enjoyed that raid.

We found out about the raid via RP - it wasn't announced through Discord like a few previous had been. We were told information by a trusted source and only gave the information to other crews we trusted. We told them to keep it secret so that the cops wouldn't find out that we knew and so information wouldn't be spread via Twitter. We wanted it to be a surprise to the cops that we were there and knew. 

I do believe the information shouldn't be completely secret with criminal groups finding out last second, that honestly takes the fun out of it. The whole idea is for groups to push back and make it fun for cops and criminals. However, there need to be more rules surrounding how raids work - specifically for criminals. There isn't necessarily anything stopping 40+ criminals from showing up at the moment. I'm unsure how to combat that issue as a whole, however, as it seems difficult to manage. There definitely needs to be a conversation with ideas put forward on how to make this better for both sides so that neither seem to have the "upper hand."

• Like 1

Nothing stopped criminals from coming to the last part of the raid. If I recall there was a twitter post yelling about the raid, and then giving out a phone number to get the ping on where to defend. So if people actually looked at twitter, any criminal who cared could of easily came and overwhelmed the cops on the last push. Hell after EMS got cleared to go in, we got shot at, stopped and backed up, got cleared to go again, set up our little wall just in case and immediately got shot at again. So even late comers to the raid could of easily planned a counter attack.

Issue #1: No clear rules regarding raids on public illegal spots: Currently the only rule regarding raiding is "Gangs are allowed to have up to ten active hostile members if and only if the LSPD communicates a coordinated raid on your gangs hideout." But being this is not considered a gang hideout it defaults back to the five man limit per gang but then the question becomes are multiple gangs allowed to defend it because it would break the five man rule so perhaps some clarifications in that regard would be appreciated, this also applies to cops because there is no clear limit on how many people are allowed into the situation.

As a criminal I was told before that there is not a limit on how many people go to defend a public location as long as its not planned, meaning that as long as 5 gangs dont meet up and jump in the same radio channel to try and hold PD off we are good, this seems a bit off to me since PD comes with 20 people that are indeed organized and in coms. The one opportunity criminals have in this numbers game is that PD is *SUPPOSED* to do raid with GTF and SWAT but this is not the case, if they see they are low in numbers they will call anybody available, even BSCO that has no business what so ever in a raid. (We saw this today)

4 hours ago, Billryethejewishguy said:

Issue #2: High risk low reward: I personally feel that the reward for holding out against a raid is non existent gangs for the most part will more often then not let the raid happen just because the end result would be the raid being pushed back to a later date within 1-2 weeks at a different hour/day, If criminals involved were able to be rewarded with a way to have some input on the relocation of the spots instead of a blanket inevitability of the place being raided again perhaps it would encourage more people to actually defend it.

100% agree with you, all crims get out of raid are a good and fun shootout. That is more than enough for me for example but having some sort of reward if we manage to actually stop the raid (this is almost impossible as of right now) would be really nice. 

Issue #3: Rejoining the raids after going down: This I feel should be addressed, because when you are against the hivemind and raiding multiple spots in one night and there is no way to realistically slow them down or deter a raid its demoralizing to even try to have a holdout against police because it will just inevitably continue, I could be wrong but that is what I gathered from reviewing the rules.

As UnknownRNGS said, this is not allowed, whoever goes down is down for good for the rest of the raid, this is the same for your common shootout as well, whoever goes down can not reengage. (Any form of down from crashing and going down to getting shot down counts)

Issue #4: No risk for the cops: As far as I am aware there is no risk of failure in regards to loss to the law enforcement side if a police raid ends poorly, the entire weight of the risk of loss is entirely on the criminals as a personal suggestion adding some form of risk for the departments who have police raids end up terribly would be interesting from a outside perspective.

I do agree that not only in raid but in the server in general crims have ALOT to lose in every single scenario and PD doesnt, but I cant really think of anything for them to be punished with. PD is just a fun role to play with 0 risk and all reward, but I feel like that is ok as long as everything is balanced (its not atm) because without PD the city wouldnt work.

@ZaxxYs You mind telling me where you think GTF and SWAT are the ONLY ones allowed in a raid? SWAT, GTF & Detectives do the planning for the raids. At no point are LSPD or BCSO units not allowed to join if they were requested. Just a tip before you give off the wrong information to the community. On a side note: Back up is only requested BEFORE a location is hit, not after it starts. Units are not allowed to join in after a location has started. 

- Any officers that were shot down, were removed from the raid and was unable to participate any further as additional locations were hit. 

- High Risk; Low Reward

• (Meta) Rewards for participating are active or incoming. Staff will need to confirm, but its been talked about. 
  • (Meta) Large Reward for stopping raid, its there. However there's a trick to it that's being missed. For Meta, I won't disclose. 
  • (Meta) Site doesn't get shut down; the amount of money made off Drugs is insane. More money is made from these locations by groups than what they lose in a single defense of a raid. An unsuccessful defense of a raid is not a complete loss. Groups that capitalized off these locations made a killing before the locations were even discovered by PD and before a raid took place. Even if I remove drugs from that last part, a chop shop same concept. More money is made off of the chop shop in between the times raids take place. 

- 10 Raids? There's only been 6  Official Server Raid Events, 3 of which PD has lost. 

- The smaller raids were completed by GTF and they were being shut down with hopes and intent that the main group involved with that location were going to defend it. They however did not get involved. Units showed up to one, and the people whom "secured" that location left and just watched rather than doing anything. The amount of money they made from these locations are far beyond what they would have lost if they attempted to stop it. If they did stop it, the location would have remained open to use for X amount of time, which even more money would have been made from that location. 

On another note, keep the feedback coming please. Server Raid Events are STILL VERY VERY fresh to the city and they are constantly being tweaked to attempt balancing. You have no idea how much time and effort is being put into these events by staff and PD Staff that are trying to balance out the raids. The hardest part with balancing is numbers on whether its criminals advantage or PD Advantage. A comment was noted earlier that BCSO & LSPD Marked were brought in on that last location. 17 Criminals were at the last location, PD had only 10. So back up officers were brought in.  Only a total of 16 Officers pushed that final location, (yes including the K9 lol). PD Advantage vs Criminals (Comms). 100% agree. The 1st Location had 10 criminals, at which they took out half of the SWAT Team and 1 GTF Unit. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MJ High said:

There are SEVERAL weapons that are matchable with PD weapons. You just have to know how to shoot. Also, past raids, there have been rewards for people succeeding in stopping the raid.

^ My issue with this is there is only 1 gun that competes with the SWAT rifle at medium range and that is the Tec-9. At close range the Ak and SWAT rifle are matched but at medium to long the ak loses that fight every time. Secondly some cops took over 10 armor plates to the PCP manufacturing fight. that's 60 kilos right there not including meds, guns, and ammo. It's impossible for crims to match that. 

5 hours ago, vDrop said:

PD Advantage vs Criminals (Comms). 100% agree. The 1st Location had 10 criminals, at which they took out half of the SWAT Team and 1 GTF Unit. 

^ We are not allowed to communicate with other groups that are on an active raid so when cops say "you guys could've won if you did this and that" we cant cause we can't talk to other groups that are on scene of the active raid. I do think there should be some tweaking to it.

I don't think any cop can hold 10 plates. We have the same pockets :P. At most, only 2 plates were used by any officer with having 1 or 2 more. I can tell you with ammo, bandages, I could only carry 3. 

No cop should be telling you what you could have done, because they weren't in your shoes. The only advantage we had is we were able to make a plan and we worked as a team. On that last location, we were split up completely, Comms were mainly done in person side by side of one another. Watched some of the footage, most of the Police are together, but watching the criminals most of them are running around sporadically, granted maybe comms could have prevented that. Not saying it'll never happen, but if manageable or possible in the future without it becoming 40 vs 12 lol, I think it'll be possible again, but that's not my call. 

I definitely believe there needs to be a fair balance when it comes to being notified about the raids. There have been extremes on both ends, with the weazel news broadcast bringing dozens of crims to the heroin raid and then barely any crims showing up at the recent chop raid, making it a PD steamroll. I do not like the idea of raids being done in complete silence, as it is no fun for crims to lose a fight they don't know about and I am sure the police find it boring as well.

As for the risk/reward ratio, I do agree that there could be a better reward for crims. I won't mention the reward, just have others refrained from doing so, but I can assure you the value of the reward is significantly less than the weapon I bring to raids. Also consider how many people it gets divided up by. Personally, I think a fair reward would be to have the ability to take PD weapons. People have argued above that "There are SEVERAL weapons that are matchable with PD weapons. You just have to know how to shoot." If PD and crim weapons were equally matched, they would not have different weapons. The carbon rifle is far better and more accurate than the best class 3 rifles crims have access to. The heavy pistiol does similar damage to a deagle with the bullet spread of a mk 2. To say that PD weapons are equally matched with crim weapons simply isn't true, otherwise PD would not have different weapons that are locked by "fingerprint". 

To be clear, I think the idea of PD weapons being "fingerprint scan" is fair as criminals would otherwise target them simply for their weapons. However, after a raid, it would be a great incentive for criminals to be able to get their hands on some carbon rifles or heavy pistols. Of course if they were caught with such weapons, punishments should be severe, more so that just a class 3 charge. I am NOT trying to say that PD weapons being better is an issue at all, just think it would be really cool if criminals got the chance to get their hands on a few and it would certainly spice up the class 3 market. Perhaps that is too extreme an incentive, just throwing in some ideas.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DouglasLewis said:

I definitely believe there needs to be a fair balance when it comes to being notified about the raids. There have been extremes on both ends, with the weazel news broadcast bringing dozens of crims to the heroin raid and then barely any crims showing up at the recent chop raid, making it a PD steamroll. I do not like the idea of raids being done in complete silence, as it is no fun for crims to lose a fight they don't know about and I am sure the police find it boring as well.

As for the risk/reward ratio, I do agree that there could be a better reward for crims. I won't mention the reward, just have others refrained from doing so, but I can assure you the value of the reward is significantly less than the weapon I bring to raids. Also consider how many people it gets divided up by. Personally, I think a fair reward would be to have the ability to take PD weapons. People have argued above that "There are SEVERAL weapons that are matchable with PD weapons. You just have to know how to shoot." If PD and crim weapons were equally matched, they would not have different weapons. The carbon rifle is far better and more accurate than the best class 3 rifles crims have access to. The heavy pistiol does similar damage to a deagle with the bullet spread of a mk 2. To say that PD weapons are equally matched with crim weapons simply isn't true, otherwise PD would not have different weapons that are locked by "fingerprint". 

To be clear, I think the idea of PD weapons being "fingerprint scan" is fair as criminals would otherwise target them simply for their weapons. However, after a raid, it would be a great incentive for criminals to be able to get their hands on some carbon rifles or heavy pistols. Of course if they were caught with such weapons, punishments should be severe, more so that just a class 3 charge. I am NOT trying to say that PD weapons being better is an issue at all, just think it would be really cool if criminals got the chance to get their hands on a few and it would certainly spice up the class 3 market. Perhaps that is too extreme an incentive, just throwing in some ideas.

One of my thoughts was perhaps for raids, cops use different than their usual carbon mk II rifles. So that on normal patrol they won't be targeted, but it will also make them think about bringing 4 guns and 1000 rounds for each.

9 hours ago, vDrop said:

@ZaxxYs You mind telling me where you think GTF and SWAT are the ONLY ones allowed in a raid? SWAT, GTF & Detectives do the planning for the raids. At no point are LSPD or BCSO units not allowed to join if they were requested. Just a tip before you give off the wrong information to the community. On a side note: Back up is only requested BEFORE a location is hit, not after it starts. Units are not allowed to join in after a location has started. 

- Any officers that were shot down, were removed from the raid and was unable to participate any further as additional locations were hit. 

- High Risk; Low Reward

• (Meta) Rewards for participating are active or incoming. Staff will need to confirm, but its been talked about. 
  • (Meta) Large Reward for stopping raid, its there. However there's a trick to it that's being missed. For Meta, I won't disclose. 
  • (Meta) Site doesn't get shut down; the amount of money made off Drugs is insane. More money is made from these locations by groups than what they lose in a single defense of a raid. An unsuccessful defense of a raid is not a complete loss. Groups that capitalized off these locations made a killing before the locations were even discovered by PD and before a raid took place. Even if I remove drugs from that last part, a chop shop same concept. More money is made off of the chop shop in between the times raids take place. 

- 10 Raids? There's only been 6  Official Server Raid Events, 3 of which PD has lost. 

- The smaller raids were completed by GTF and they were being shut down with hopes and intent that the main group involved with that location were going to defend it. They however did not get involved. Units showed up to one, and the people whom "secured" that location left and just watched rather than doing anything. The amount of money they made from these locations are far beyond what they would have lost if they attempted to stop it. If they did stop it, the location would have remained open to use for X amount of time, which even more money would have been made from that location. 

On another note, keep the feedback coming please. Server Raid Events are STILL VERY VERY fresh to the city and they are constantly being tweaked to attempt balancing. You have no idea how much time and effort is being put into these events by staff and PD Staff that are trying to balance out the raids. The hardest part with balancing is numbers on whether its criminals advantage or PD Advantage. A comment was noted earlier that BCSO & LSPD Marked were brought in on that last location. 17 Criminals were at the last location, PD had only 10. So back up officers were brought in.  Only a total of 16 Officers pushed that final location, (yes including the K9 lol). PD Advantage vs Criminals (Comms). 100% agree. The 1st Location had 10 criminals, at which they took out half of the SWAT Team and 1 GTF Unit. 

I said "as far as I know" because I was not sure about everything, I was told about the GTF/SWAT thing by an actual SWAT member so I thought it was the right information, guess not, and we can talk about it but only 6??? I dont think so XD. Much love and thank you for the explanation, really helps.

I'd also like to point out that after the raid I was the only individual that went to Pillbox. I received amazing medical rp (wish I knew who to shout out) but I was amazed that after all that shooting, police dog attacks, and multiple other ways people got wrecked that I was the only one who thought my injuries were severe enough to go to the hospital. I am not trying to tell people how to RP but it was definitely immersion breaking that everyone, including PD (who I saw just get patched up and return to searching people who were down), just return to life with no rp'd out consequences but still got to use all the info they gained. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Kitty N-L-C-W-V-S-A-R-B said:

I'd also like to point out that after the raid I was the only individual that went to Pillbox. I received amazing medical rp (wish I knew who to shout out) but I was amazed that after all that shooting, police dog attacks, and multiple other ways people got wrecked that I was the only one who thought my injuries were severe enough to go to the hospital. I am not trying to tell people how to RP but it was definitely immersion breaking that everyone, including PD (who I saw just get patched up and return to searching people who were down), just return to life with no rp'd out consequences but still got to use all the info they gained. 

Hey! I just wanted to respond to some of your comments. First, thank you for your input. This kind of feedback helps us to plan and talk with the team to make sure everyone is getting what they hope for out of these situations. 

We had two to three officers and three suspects that were transported during the raid. It was a very long raid, and we were sure to ask people if they felt they could stand up, and most wanted to. Many people said they were just bruised or knocked over. Additionally, during the final location, there were so many people down and so much talking that it was really difficult to talk to each patient to the fullest extent. Some people were even yelling profanities which made it difficult to interact with our patients or hear much of anything. I did hear some of your conversation with the EMT that treated you and it seemed like you were both having a lot of fun, though, which is great!

One last thing: there isn't any rule that requires people to 'forget' or have amnesia after being downed, and police can not continue to fight after being brought up, but I believe they can continue to process the scene as you described. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kitty N-L-C-W-V-S-A-R-B said:

I know that I transported 1 individual in all purple, and had to pass her off to the two medics at pillbox because sadly I was having headaches and my stuff was not working well at all. Trust me, if I could have I would of loved to continue the rp for it but just for some weird reason Pillbox didn't like me that one day.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nesbit said:

I know that I transported 1 individual in all purple, and had to pass her off to the two medics at pillbox because sadly I was having headaches and my stuff was not working well at all. Trust me, if I could have I would of loved to continue the rp for it but just for some weird reason Pillbox didn't like me that one day.

That was my character, Medical last night was amazing all around

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kitty N-L-C-W-V-S-A-R-B said:

That was my character, Medical last night was amazing all around

Oh in that case it was Jay Drewden, Ichirou Kurosaki, and.... there was one other. I think Justin was the other one. They were the ones taking regular calls as we did the Operation, so they held down Pillbox for us :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kitty N-L-C-W-V-S-A-R-B said:

Not everyone who is downed wants extensive medical RP and it shouldn’t be forced if they do, in general I know EMS does a great job with those who signal for that RP. But if someone doesn’t want that then it shouldn’t be forced onto them. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I posted this idea on another thread for raids I will post it here too. 

I do NOT think it should be announced as a server announcement, I think slipping the info IC to a few people to then spread the word is the best method. However I also think gangs should be able to do a quick meet up and plan before it all happens but zero communication during the raid with each other minus person to person on scene via shouting. It would be a good balance to PD having Live coms with each other. 

I think if crims are successful in defending a location the price of the drug is hiked for a short time following to give incentive to defend it. Cuz if the streets know PD is trying to shut it down it would become a premium product and worth more.

I also think during raids PD should carry stockpiles of "Seized product and maybe some new type of weapons in the swat trucks only available during this time" Example maybe sticky bombs or remote explosives. If you tied this into being able to use these items to bypass hacking at bank jobs for a quick heist and quick money you would make counter hitting PD more of a incentive as well and since these items would only be gained by these events they would be very limited. Plus it makes sense SWAT would have C4 in the armored cars anyways. 

Edited by Kota Taylor
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Kota Taylor said:

I posted this idea on another thread for raids I will post it here too. 

I think gangs should be able to do a quick meet up and plan before it all happens but zero communication during the raid with each other minus person to person on scene via shouting. It would be a good balance to PD having Live coms with each other. 

I think if crims are successful in defending a location the price of the drug is hiked for a short time following to give incentive to defend it. Cuz if the streets know PD is trying to shut it down it would become a premium product and worth more.

I also think during raids PD should carry stockpiles of "Seized product and maybe some new type of weapons in the swat trucks only available during this time" Example maybe sticky bombs or remote explosives. If you tied this into being able to use these items to bypass hacking at bank jobs for a quick heist and quick money you would make counter hitting PD more of a incentive as well and since these items would only be gained by these events they would be very limited. Plus it makes sense SWAT would have C4 in the armored cars anyways. 

I like this idea a lot. The idea of having items in the trucks themselves that can be taken would def add an incentive to counter the raids, especially if they are raid exclusive