Howdy ho!

Parky

Hi there!

My name's Parky, and I'm fairly new around here. That, however, is going to change. 

I've been searching for a good RP server to settle down on for a little while now, after finally deciding to install FiveM. The majority I tried just didn't work out for me, until today. First off I joined an RP server in the UK. It was almost perfect, other than the fact that quite a few of the players had total disregard for others and just plowed into people. On top of that, emergency services were scarce. I then crashed (my front IO audio jacks are a tad fuckarooed after some very cute puppers decided to run into the cables, sometimes when they disconnect they freeze up the game), tried to rejoin but it was full. So I looked around on the list some more and found Badlands. Pretty fine ping, good amount of players. I joined, liked what I saw, played around for some hours and I've got to say I've found my home. I love this server, it's tailored perfectly for me. I've already been in many great situations that had just simply happened, such as I and an unconcious woman (with a very deep voice!) being surrounded by AI gang members, and then being shot by said gang member, until very lovingly being nursed back to health by the amazing Lili. Then, while walking into Yellowjack, I'm held at gunpoint and taken hostage as the perp robs the bar. I fucking loved that shit (as odd as that sounds...)

I've been a fan of RP for quite a few years, but it's going to take me a little bit to get adjusted to the server and this sort of RP in general, so apologies for any awkward encounters with me. 

A few years ago I played Half Life 2 RP on a very, very serious server which I loved dearly. It required potentially hours at a time of simply character development, walking around, living. Starting anything with the Civil Protection got you killed, and then it's a whole new character for you. It sounds draining, however the whole community was so dedicated that it became one of the best experiences I've had. It was like reading the best book you've ever read, but the pages were made as you went, and by you.

After a good while of that, the server shut down due to the owner just being a bit awkward. There was no need for it. I guess he just preferred income over anything else. I hopped between a few servers after that before the gamemode started to die, and players became more and more scarce. It was a sad time.

Figuring I deserved a bit of a break from such serious RP, I played DarkRP on Garry's Mod extensively, playing strongly on three or four different servers in that time (new server when the current shut down). In two of these, I ended up almost just being handed an admin position due to my contribution to them. Of course I still had to apply, but the odds of it being accepted were ridiculously high, as I was told by the owner(s) of both. On another server, I managed to achieve moderator but was held at that position until the server closed. 

On the HL2RP server(s), I did manage to become moderator, also.

On this server, I will not be seeking a staff position, so you don't need to worry that I'm trying to butter you up or anything ;p. I will, however, suggest ideas for the server and report anything that seems off when I can.

I also manage a community of my own, one that has been active for 6 years and a few months now (7 and a half including the servers where we all met). We've had many game servers over the years but in the past year we've almost went stale. Our most dedicated members have stayed, but all servers have been closed and no more new players are coming. These members have become very close friends to myself and every other member, and we are essentially a family now rather than a community. We still hold strong, though.

Oh, and the basics I guess;

I'm from Scotland, and I'm 18. I play guitar and I'm studying aeronautical engineering. I'd love to hear where the rest of you are from, because I'm still wondering what country dominates the server.

You can find me on the Discord if you want to talk on that for whatever reason!

I'm free tuesday nights, wednesday all day and night, thursday all day, friday nights, saturday all day and night and sunday all day. My schedule is a little haywire because things to do keep popping up; I might stay at a friend's house one day, or go to a different house or something. But, I'll try and be on when I can. I'm loving the server so far so let's hope I do get on.

I can't think of anything else to say right now, but I hope you've enjoyed that late-night wall of text. I hope to see you on the server!

• Like 3