The push for the city to be more cop vs crim

dylstocktv

In the recent few months there have been major reductions in how much money a legal person can make. And I understand that there needs to be a balance with how much crime pays out vs how much legal jobs pay out. But now it is being pushed that restaurants are only aloud to sell a certain amount of food. So we don't make as much money. That's fine but I want the admins to take some responsibility for there decision and tell all the customers. They are literally pushing everyone to go criminal. 

As restaurant owners, we want restaurants to be about RP, not just cash grabs. It has been a problem for some time that multiple restaurants struggle because players have been stockpiling the meta food that is of the best quality. Moving forward, it's requested that you minimize the amount you allow people to purchase, to give the opportunity to push people to other places of business and have repeat customers more frequently. 

We suggest you keep your food items sold to a reasonable amount a person could get "full" off of. 

Example:
Sandwiches and Water Bottles from 24/7; 5 each would be a good amount.

Please share this with ALL of your employees.

Please react to this message when you see it and have told employees.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

What happens if I can only buy 1 of each items to make myself full and then there are no restaurants open and I cant buy food? If you limit the amount of food someone can buy to only what is needed to make yourself full then you will need the restaurant to be open 24/7 because you need to eat in the game every hour or so.

• Like 1

Let me put it this way in the hopes it is more understandable-

Restaurant A limits food, focuses on roleplay and the experience but gets limited customers because the majority of citizens don't need their service.

Restaurant B is selling in bulk to many customers who hoarde it in cars, giving limited roleplay surrounding the exchange, making a ton of money, and doesn't need to see the same customer frequently at all because both the vendor and customer are maximizing-minimizing their video game needs over roleplay.

While we would love to have an item spoilage system that reduces Restaurant B type behaviour, it is not an immediately viable system for dev but is something they hope to accomplish in the long term. In the meantime, we need players to understand that there are OTHER legal restaurant workers who also wish to make more money and more importantly, have more frequent roleplay interactions, but are not getting that because of the actions of restaurants behaving like a Costco wholesale factory.

• Like 6

I think this is awesome honestly, if people are limited to how much they can buy they'll be going to different businesses instead of prioritising just the one because they could buy some filling foods in bulk. It'd mean people are using more areas in the city and getting a chance to chat there. Honestly as a cop I don't interact much when getting food because I'm usually rushing off but I've had a few fun instances going somewhere I don't normally go and seeing someone I know like "oh hey! it's you!" and catching up

12 minutes ago, dylancbrown said:

How about making any type of food expire after a couple of hours, that way it not being possible to hoard food?

If you see here as Mia stated in her reply

While we would love to have an item spoilage system that reduces Restaurant B type behaviour, it is not an immediately viable system for dev but is something they hope to accomplish in the long term.