Weight reduction of components needed to make candy

The way the drugs are currently have each component weighing 0.5kg and as it is 100 of item A weighs 50kg and most candies require multiple components so lets say its 3 components A, B and C to make my candy that comes in weighing 150kg but the final product is 0.5kg meaning I have to have my pockets basically empty and an empty truck, or van to put 100kg in and 50kg into my pockets then I have to transfer the components between my pockets and van/truck to even begin cooking anything and the max I can physically carry would be  35 of A, B and C meaning I can only make it in amounts of 35 max before having to empty my pockets to my vehicle and swap it out some candies take more steps or longer to go from location A-B-C a simple QOL improvement I would love to see implemented would be changing the components for the candy to 0.3kg each as that would make the total weight of A,B and C 90kg opposed to the 150kg which would also allow us to carry 50 of A, B and C in our pockets at a time opposed to the 35 and given the final product weighing 0.5kg per candy I think it makes more sense for the components to weigh less as well as it  would also just be an improvement to the whole process of making candy.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, r3v0Lt55 said:

The components weigh the same as the final product because when you are making the drug you are mixing ingredients then cooking them down to the drug form. Weigh some water boil it for 15 mins then go back and weigh and its going to weigh less. Same concept here.

Fair enough but again it doesn't make sense why they weigh as much as they do if anything it still should be altered to say 0.3kg as it makes more sense and would also be a QOL improvement for the Criminal life. If we want to be technical we can get involved in things like how the boar meat is 0.3kg which weighs less then one piece of paper or one pill capsule for example which are 0.5kg. It does not make sense why the weight is what it is 0.5kg for the components A, B and C as 0.5kg is equal to one pound and I think making it 0.3kg would just make more sense logically and would just be a major QOL buff for the Criminals of the city.

• Like 1

I mean, if you're going for realism, you have to realize that you've got up to 70 kilograms of junk in your pockets... that's over 150 pounds without your movement being inhibited or have your hands occupied by bags or containers... we're kinda super buff already ?

I don't know how difficult is to make all this stuff, but I think the weights are used as a bit of a balancing mechanic too, I see it as adding a bit of difficulty in crafting and transporting that is otherwise more difficult to implement through game mechanics.

Someone recommended containers for ingredients, like the manila folders, toy chests, etc. I feel like that might be a better solution, it makes sense that it would "weigh less" when you have something assisting you in moving it around, plus it adds a little difficulty in the fact that you have to then pull the stuff back out for crafting.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Yama said:

I mean, if you're going for realism, you have to realize that you've got up to 70 kilograms of junk in your pockets... that's over 150 pounds without your movement being inhibited or have your hands occupied by bags or containers... we're kinda super buff already ?

I don't know how difficult is to make all this stuff, but I think the weights are used as a bit of a balancing mechanic too, I see it as adding a bit of difficulty in crafting and transporting that is otherwise more difficult to implement through game mechanics.

Someone recommended containers for ingredients, like the manila folders, toy chests, etc. I feel like that might be a better solution, it makes sense that it would "weigh less" when you have something assisting you in moving it around, plus it adds a little difficulty in the fact that you have to then pull the stuff back out for crafting.

Alright so I wont argue the realism thing because this could go on endlessly but I do agree we are buff but buff or not making certain candy is harder then others simply because of the weight of it not because of the candy actually being difficult to make its just a matter of the weight of the items and the space we have because a normal run you wanna make at least 100 candies but without revealing anything on here about candy related things there is one which is hardly touched as it's just too inconvenient to make it the way things are. I like the thing you mentioned about manila folders, chests, maybe crates or something but ultimately if not a weight reduction to the components itself  maybe an easier way to carry them on you then loosely in your pocket and then also having to pull it out of said tool/item that was holding them for you. Being a criminal is difficult 100% that's the point risk and reward but after having been doing it I believe it can be improved in some way. 

3 minutes ago, MercilessKiller said:

Alright so I wont argue the realism thing because this could go on endlessly but I do agree we are buff but buff or not making certain candy is harder then others simply because of the weight of it not because of the candy actually being difficult to make its just a matter of the weight of the items and the space we have because a normal run you wanna make at least 100 candies but without revealing anything on here about candy related things there is one which is hardly touched as it's just too inconvenient to make it the way things are. I like the thing you mentioned about manila folders, chests, maybe crates or something but ultimately if not a weight reduction to the components itself  maybe an easier way to carry them on you then loosely in your pocket and then also having to pull it out of said tool/item that was holding them for you. Being a criminal is difficult 100% that's the point risk and reward but after having been doing it I believe it can be improved in some way. 

Aye, that's understandable. Maybe a bigger reward for the effort? ?

• Like 1

On 1/11/2022 at 4:16 PM, Yama said:

Aye, that's understandable. Maybe a bigger reward for the effort? ?

Bro iv been saying drugs should pay out more for a while, instead Hunting and Trucking broke the economy. At least cops don't seem to care about the dealers making what comes out to like $3000 an hour.

13 hours ago, Atryus said:

Bro iv been saying drugs should pay out more for a while, instead Hunting and Trucking broke the economy. At least cops don't seem to care about the dealers making what comes out to like $3000 an hour.

You're deffinently making more than 3000 an hour. I can make 100 of a drug and have it sold in under an hour and have 25k in the pocket. #CrimMain

I was gonna say homeboy is doin something wrong making 3k and hour. Imo the weight for drugs is fine it helps balance out the economy, if the drug system was better for wright ect all we would have is drug dealers grinding drugs and going to sell it to locals at the pier on their street bike and have even less rp. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Randy Jones said:

I was gonna say homeboy is doin something wrong making 3k and hour. Imo the weight for drugs is fine it helps balance out the economy, if the drug system was better for wright ect all we would have is drug dealers grinding drugs and going to sell it to locals at the pier on their street bike and have even less rp. 

Money has nothing to do with the topic the topic was on weight the money aspect of being a crim is fine as it currently is.. As per the weight having an impact on how many people are "grinding"  the drugs I see no issue with that at all (People wouldn't randomly start finding how to make the drugs just the people who do know how would start selling them again keeps PD busy and keeps the Crims busy) where as 1 Paper, Pill binder or Pill Capsule really shouldn't weigh 0.5kg and having a Manila folder, or container to carry the specific item in would just be a +1 to the Crims who actually take time to make the drugs, and sell it to locals and other players who don't know the process of collecting or manufacturing said drugs. As it currently is yes it works but some drugs are less desirable to make for the simple reason of the inconvenience it is to make said drugs. This would just increase the variation of the drugs people sell and that PD finds on people.  The street bike and pier thing is a whole other topic and seeing as the street bike I'm sure you are referring to was mechanic'd recently I don't think that is a worry not to mention PD can 100% keep up with the bikes and cars available to the Crims it's just a matter of routes and driving skill now with that bike basically gone.