Shoot out change Suggestions

Alex Ripley

So something that i have been thinking about for a wile is gunfights. Gun fights are a smaller part of RP but still plays a significant part if cop-crim interaction. I would love to see more skill coming in to play. I feel like there can be a good about of skill used all ready but somethings I would like to see is a medical item change. I would like to see IFAKs and gauze stop bleeding completely but only for a small period of time to still encourage the use of EMS. I would like crims to also have something like joints that stop bleeding completely for a small period as well as a maybe something that will add armor but it has a slow decay. I feel this will add more life to gunfights.

-1 Although I do agree that Gunfights play a part in RP there has to be a balance and a time were the Gunfight stops. If people can stop there bleeding mid gunfight this is only going to prolong things further then they really should be. If I get shot at 15 times and just use an IFAK or Smoke a Joint there still needs to be some sort of negative to using a quick fix on the spot, it doesn't make much sense IMO to be able to stop bleeding and or limp even for a short period of time. 

• Like 2

If I’m not mistaken, some drugs in city, like mdma and thc gummies raise your health, and I believe Vicodin will stop a limp for a limited amount of time. Afaik, and I could be wrong, but bleeding results in health loss, and raising your health with drugs raises your health/“slows bleeding”. Isn’t this kind of in the server already? And if I am right, adding another item for people to use, probably won’t make the gun fights last any longer, because most of them only last less than a few minutes anyways. 

18 hours ago, Voltz said:

-1 Although I do agree that Gunfights play a part in RP there has to be a balance and a time were the Gunfight stops. If people can stop there bleeding mid gunfight this is only going to prolong things further then they really should be. If I get shot at 15 times and just use an IFAK or Smoke a Joint there still needs to be some sort of negative to using a quick fix on the spot, it doesn't make much sense IMO to be able to stop bleeding and or limp even for a short period of time. 

I agree that gunfights need to end at some point but longer more drawn out gunfights are fun. I don't want fights to be 45 minutes-1 hour long but i do want some gunfights to last more that 30 seconds. I agree that if it is unplanned to shoot that it should be a quick shootout but if people plan to be in a shoot out with police and use the tools given to them a fun, intence, long shoot out can take place. I don't want it be super long but a good 15-20 minutes would be fun along as people use strategy.

1 hour ago, Alex Ripley said:

I agree that gunfights need to end at some point but longer more drawn out gunfights are fun. I don't want fights to be 45 minutes-1 hour long but i do want some gunfights to last more that 30 seconds. I agree that if it is unplanned to shoot that it should be a quick shootout but if people plan to be in a shoot out with police and use the tools given to them a fun, intence, long shoot out can take place. I don't want it be super long but a good 15-20 minutes would be fun along as people use strategy.

I dont think we need to change how it is. It really just comes down to how both teams handles it. With or without any support items like IFAKs and pills. Fights will be determine on who's team has a better shot and has more experience. 

On 1/19/2022 at 2:36 PM, Leeroy Denkins said:

I dont think we need to change how it is. It really just comes down to how both teams handles it. With or without any support items like IFAKs and pills. Fights will be determine on who's team has a better shot and has more experience. 

I would argue fights really come down to positioning and who has better equipment.