Solving Banning Appeals in Discord

Instead of waiting hours and hours of not knowing what you got banned for, I think we should solve ban appeals on Discord since the admin and staff are more active on there. From playing this server for a while it was fun but dealing with the staff has been questionable. Its all over the reviews, staff are ban without warning.

• Like 1

@KentrallJones

Thank you for the feedback. 

We have looked into a discord system but it does not suit the needs we have in organizing player issues for a large public server.

The reality is player's will be banned particularly when they don't take the time to read the rules prior to joining the server. We make efforts to speak to players before banning in many circumstances, but there are many others where staff is unavailable to do so, or the player is clearly out to lunch on what the rules are and time will be needed for the player to demonstrate their suitability for the server. Where players have repeat rule issues, we are more likely to ban.

In terms of response from the staff team, we are volunteers who spend hundreds of hours of our lives trying to build a healthy environment to enjoy roleplay. This is in addition to the responsibilities of our daily lives. Appeals are reviewed daily. Expecting an admin to get back to you after an hour when they may be at work or with their families is just unrealistic. The solution as stated above is read the rules, as well as be patient. 

• Like 2

I don't review them, but is 5 hours not reasonable for someone whom doesn't get paid and volunteers. That's like going to prison, and being upset that the seconds don't go by faster. 

Joking aside. The reality is whether there was a discord system or a forums system, the time would remain the same. 

Read the Rules, and don't get banned. 4 Years...not 1 ban. Its not hard. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vDrop said:

I don't review them, but is 5 hours not reasonable for someone whom doesn't get paid and volunteers. That's like going to prison, and being upset that the seconds don't go by faster. 

Joking aside. The reality is whether there was a discord system or a forums system, the time would remain the same. 

Read the Rules, and don't get banned. 4 Years...not 1 ban. Its not hard. 

honestly i envy what support or admins deal with bro yall got some patients from hell